By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The US President

New York Red

15 minutes ago, Ripley said:

the full 35 minute interview is available and a lesson in how to deal with him. 

It's ridiculous that it's taken four years and a global pandemic for journalists to finally ask him actual questions like this.

I mean obviously he'll just stop doing interviews with them but it's something at least.

38 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

It's impossible to listen to him for any length of time, I think that's how he gets away with it.

Yeah, it's difficult to watch that for more than a few minutes. 

He's talking about tv ratings during an answer on a national crisis. 

Just now, Earl Hafler said:

Yeah, it's difficult to watch that for more than a few minutes. 

He's talking about tv ratings during an answer on a national crisis. 

He has for weeks. The daily briefings in the press room and later in the rose garden he kept citing what great ratings he was getting. He is of course incapable of considering that many of those viewing figures were people staring in abject horror at the madness he was spouting. It'd be the work of a few seconds for a journalist to point out to him that he's the President now, not the host of The Apprentice.

Wow even by his standards that was quite the car crash.

There's so much to unpick there it was quite dizzying.

"The police have killed a lot of white people too" was an interesting response to the issue of black men being 2.5 times more likely to be killed by the police than white men.

His continued and reiterated "I really wish her well" in respect of Maxwell was utterly bizarre, particularly given the terrible things he's said about other people (who aren't accused of trafficking underage sex slaves).

2 hours ago, Tommok said:

Wow even by his standards that was quite the car crash.

There's so much to unpick there it was quite dizzying.

"The police have killed a lot of white people too" was an interesting response to the issue of black men being 2.5 times more likely to be killed by the police than white men.

His continued and reiterated "I really wish her well" in respect of Maxwell was utterly bizarre, particularly given the terrible things he's said about other people (who aren't accused of trafficking underage sex slaves).

That's the second or third time he's said "I wish her well" about Maxwell. Smacks less of bizarre and more of coded message. Keep your gob shut about me and I'll pardon you come what may.

And the stupidity rolls on...     https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53633315

Donald Trump says the government should get a cut from the sale of TikTok's US unit if an American firm buys it.

The US president said he made a demand for a "substantial portion" of the purchase price in a phone call at the weekend with Microsoft's boss.

He also warned he will ban the app, which is owned by China's ByteDance, on 15 September if there is no deal.

His supporters will be lapping this up, despite the fact that it's utter b******s. 

Trump: "There are those that say you can test too much, you do know that."
Swan: "Who says that?"
Trump: "Oh, just read the manuals. Read the books."
Swan: "Manuals? What manuals?"
Trump: "Read the books. Read the books."
Swan: "What books?"
Trump: (Does not answer)

The questions that nobody seems to have asked when he says, “Many people ...”

7 hours ago, Ripley said:

“We’re lower than the world”

I still prefer by fans for fans

7 hours ago, Stevie H said:

You could convert his voice into a toddler and it would make more sense. We're lower than the world. You can't do that. Look at my charts that I colored in myself with crayons.

Someone basically did that with his twitter account didn't they? Put it in some sort of crayola font with every letter a different colour.

Just now, Swan Red said:

As an aside my contribution to the by fans for fans forum meme was so perfect it should have killed it

I don't recall that sorry but I was going to go with 'The suggestions for an update to Nil Satis Nisi Optimum were not going well', maybe should have done.

• Haha 1