New York Red

The US President

This will be a long one. As of today, the candidates are (both official and unannounced):

Hilary Clinton (D) (The clear Dem frontrunner and probable winner at this time)

Martin O'Malley (D) (Good guy, long shot)

Bernie Sanders (I) (Radical candidate for the US. Will ask great questions)

Jim Webb (D) (Outsider. Possibly the best candidate of all)

Ted Cruz ® (F*cking Insanity Party, I hope he gets totally disgraced)

Rick Perry ® (Cleaned up redneck)

Bobby Jindal ® (Clueless, rubbish and a hypocrite)

Scott Walker ® (A complete and utter w*nker)

Jeb Bush ® (Surprisingly good candidate on the R side)

George Pataki ® (Your time has passed)

Ben Carson ® (Great doctor, complete k****ead)

Chris Christie ® (Rude b*****d, could be decent but is too full of himself)

Carly Fiorina ® (Multiple loser, no chance)

Lindsey Graham ® (I'd love him to make a good run of it, but the US isn't ready yet)

Mike Huckabee ® (Jovial, nice fella. Really, a horrible scumbag)

Rand Paul ® c*** job, but I can't totally write off Libertarians)

Marco Rubio ® (Golden boy. F*ck right off)

Rick Santorum ® (The worst of the bunch. Despicable)

20 years from now, the US political scene could be so much better. Demographics are going in the right direction. In the meantime, the elections will be a bi contentious.

Let the games begin.

You must be joking about Lindsey Graham, NYR!

I think that O'Malley might be positioning himself for 2020/24 and is a great VP candidate now (along with Mark Warner, IMO), but will catch the voters/funds that would've gone to Warren if she was running. Might be an interesting pick if Hillary messes up in the primaries. Doubt that'd happen though, as she's been in the limelight for ages and knows how to handle it.

Out of your list, except for Bernie Sanders (who is awesome!!) who else supports repealing Citizens United? I would vote for him/her, almost blindly. Since O'Malley is positioning himself as Warren-lite who is also hard on crime, I'd imagine he is.

Edited by EC_Red

I can't help but like Graham mate. It may be irrational, but I do. He can be such an obvious stick in the eye to the conservative south.

Don't count out Jim Webb. He is the real deal.

I was with Joe Sestak the other night at a fundraiser. He could be a great candidate for 2020/24. A really decent man.

Loving the momentum Sanders has been building over the past few weeks and I vote for him in a heartbeat but he isn't going to beat Hilary. She has too much money and is firmly part of the establishment in Washington. Dems feel she is best democratic candidate to win the presidential election.

On the Republican side, the clown car keeps getting bigger and bigger. Most of them are just plain nuts with some very unusual/extreme policies. I expect a few of these fringe candidates to win some of the republican primaries but ultimately republicans are going to vote for a candidate that can best compete with Hilary.

Hilary is even money, nearest rival is 4/1.

Bookies always right?

lindsey graham is an appalling, vile redneck piece of sh*t. the US was ready for him about a hundred years ago. hopefully it never will be again. amazed that anyone with even a quarter of a brain can't see through his old timey southern hospitality bullsh*t. he's a complete and utter c*nt.

the best next US president isn't running and that's elizabeth warren.

Edited by Stevie H

lindsey graham is an appalling, vile redneck piece of sh*t. the US was ready for him about a hundred years ago. hopefully it never will be again. amazed that anyone with even a quarter of a brain can't see through his old timey southern hospitality bullsh*t. he's a complete and utter c*nt.

It was established in another thread that NYR likes him because he is gay despite, as SR went to lengths to explain, someone's sexuality being morally neutral.

Bookies always right?

Yep, bookies never get an election wrong.

Sauders won't win but it might make people think about how unlike a left wing bleeding heart liberal Clinton is - as that how the right like to portray her.

The democratic party is way to the right of center and it seems like people here haven't got a clue.

Anyway - a long run for Saunders would be good - with him getting a lot of coverage and asking some very awkward questions would be fine with me.

Sanders is a really good guy. He's intelligent and puts people in the spot. He's got his facts always lined up well. He also is a very innovative thinker and seems to be the one guy who can make Americans think in a different way.

Hopefully he is the first of many like it to come.

Bernie Sanders is a great guy. Really intelligent, beliefs in the right places, wants to look after the majority of people in the US. So is utterly unelectable.

Hard to see the GOP coming up with any nominee who can beat Clinton. Whole thing is a sham anyway, $5 billion and whoever gets into the Oval Office will be stymied by the Republican Senate and Congress anyway. Illusion of democracy writ large as can be.

Bookies always right?

you mean does the favourite always win?

if the clinton's at evens then they're effectively saying she has a 50-50 chance