By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Next Liverpool Manager

Kid Klopp

7 minutes ago, vitch said:

I didn’t say club legend. 😂

I said ‘aristocracy’ (the hereditary kind), making him something of a heir, for working for Bayern.

Like how Paul Dalglish managed to get a game for us

Saw a clip of that Dave Powell journo on Twitter yesterday. Said there's conversations going on in the background for the changes that are coming, but the club is very wary of upsetting the focus on the season, and appearing to take anything away from the occasion of Klopp's last season.

Said they're very good at keeping things behind closed doors so there's a good chance we won't hear much about new appointments right now. 

Edited by Swipe
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Saw a clip of that Dave Powell journo on Twitter yesterday. Said there's conversations going on in the background for the changes that are coming, but the club is very wary of upsetting the focus on the season, and appearing to take anything away from the occasion of Klopp's last season.

Said they're very good at keeping things behind closed doors so there's a good chance we won't hear much about new appointments right now. 

That's the most positive thing I've heard since Klopp announced. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Swipe said:

was he wearing his jumper draped over his shoulders by any chance?

7 hours ago, Swipe said:

With hindsight, do you feel annoyed that you both read and then typed that out?

15 minutes ago, Ombudsam said:

With hindsight, do you feel annoyed that you both read and then typed that out?

Nope. This forum needs some positive LFC stuff to counter all your positive Arsenal FC stuff. 

• Haha 4

Bayern Munich are ahead of Liverpool in the race to appoint Xabi Alonso as their new head coach.
Sources have suggested that Bayern are now increasingly confident they have the advantage in hiring Alonso should he decide to leave Bayer Leverkusen this summer.

Leverkusen have refused to comment on claims that they have granted permission for Alonso to hold talks with Bayern. However, preliminary discussions are already understood to have taken place with the 42-year-old’s representatives.

While Bayern are in the lead it certainly does not mean Liverpool are no longer in the race although their search for Jurgen Klopp’s successor is complicated by the fact they are also in the process of appointing a new sporting director.

From that article mentioned 

• Upvote 1

Gonna be s*** enough trying to replace Klopp without it turning into a scramble.

We should boo the handsome c*** for the rest of his career if he makes the most boring move in the world instead of coming here. 

Who knows and Burt is good isn’t he, but it all just stinks like Bayern’s work. 

Leverkusen and Xabi actually allowing this at a time they are trying to win the league over Bayern would be mad to me. 

8 minutes ago, Gethin said:

I don't think he is. His agent will be doing it all at the moment

But that would mean he’s given bid agent the green light. Be a c***’s trick. 

1 minute ago, Swipe said:

But that would mean he’s given bid agent the green light. Be a c***’s trick. 

Players do it all the time, not a surprise that managers do too, surely? 

Edited by Gethin

3 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Players do it all the time, not a surprise that managers do too, surely? 

It wouldn’t be a surprise he’s talking to the club he’s currently in a title race with? 

As I say, would be a c**** trick imo. Good riddance if he operates like that. 

3 minutes ago, Swipe said:

It wouldn’t be a surprise he’s talking to the club he’s currently in a title race with? 

As I say, would be a c**** trick imo. Good riddance if he operates like that. 

Decent chance Gerrard was doing it with Chelsea, Goetze with Bayern

Yeah it's s***e but it's yet another s***e bit of football

1 minute ago, Gethin said:

Decent chance Gerrard was doing it with Chelsea, Goetze with Bayern

Yeah it's s***e but it's yet another s***e bit of football

We weren’t in a title race with Chelsea. And it defo is different for managers. His full focus is meant to be on delivering a title and at the same time he’s getting updates on joining the team he’s trying to usurp? Feels mad to me. Even if he fancies Bayern he can park it until the summer. 

4 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Even if he fancies Bayern he can park it until the summer. 

I think he pretty much is though. Telling his agent to find out terms - from either us or Bayern - and he’ll start talking about it at the end of the season (or when the title’s decided) I don’t think is too unreasonable. Same applies to us as well, decent chance we could meet in the EL yet 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, YugoB said:

I still find it difficult to believe that Leverkusen allowed him to talk to Bayern whilst contending for the title. 

But we'll see. 

Agreed but I find it extremely plausible that Bayern and us have spoken with his agent.