By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Ben Davies

New York Red

3 hours ago, RBM said:

Was he bought for spare parts?

f***ing hope not. If his whole self is so bad that Klopp denies his existence, his parts will be unusable. 

Maybe he's there to even things up in the 5 a side games. Last man picked and all that. 

How much money have we wasted on this lad? At least his resume will look good. :)

Edited by Nebraska Red

6 hours ago, kop205 said:

What was the point for us?

None. Waste of everyone's time but we're a big machine and will churn players through.. Unless he's seriously done something malicious or wilful to not even try we've wasted half a year of his football playing time career and shouldn't have signed him... So I hope for his sake the training has been good, the money has been good and he moves on to a first team place at a level he's suited to.... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chewie said:

None. Waste of everyone's time but we're a big machine and will churn players through.. Unless he's seriously done something malicious or wilful to not even try we've wasted half a year of his football playing time career and shouldn't have signed him... So I hope for his sake the training has been good, the money has been good and he moves on to a first team place at a level he's suited to.... 

He'll have learned more in the last few months playing with better players and coaches than he would have had he stayed at Preston and played mid table Championship football for 4 months. 

3 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

He'll have learned more in the last few months playing with better players and coaches than he would have had he stayed at Preston and played mid table Championship football for 4 months. 

Arrogance like this is why fans of EFL clubs despise the big PL clubs.

Better manager? Yes. Better players? Yes. Better facilities? Maybe. But what's he learnt sat at home every weekend!!?

Or are you suggesting any Championship player can improve himself simply by watching the Mighty Reds on MotD every Saturday?

3 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

This completely ignores the important issues of confidence and morale

• Like 1

Just now, Earl Hafler said:

Also, it a) diminishes the importance & benefits of Elliott playing week in week out, and b) ignores that we're sh*t. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Not really, it just made some assumptions in the same way you just have but the opposite way round.

38 minutes ago, Cam said:

Arrogance like this is why fans of EFL clubs despise the big PL clubs.

Better manager? Yes. Better players? Yes. Better facilities? Maybe. But what's he learnt sat at home every weekend!!?

Or are you suggesting any Championship player can improve himself simply by watching the Mighty Reds on MotD every Saturday?

No.

12 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Not really, it just made some assumptions in the same way you just have but the opposite way round.

It made assumptions that he's not human

Not one comment regarding his mental health during a particularly difficult period in his career

5 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

Only if he's smart, has treated it as a sabbatical of sorts, and gets back to the critical thing of actually playing proper football every week... Anything longer than a short term stay with us is no use to him whatsoever unless it's financial

1 hour ago, Earl Hafler said:

It made assumptions that he's not human

Not one comment regarding his mental health during a particularly difficult period in his career

How do you know it’s been difficult though? This could be exactly what he was told it was going to be look for all we know. He may have quite literally signed up for this.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Maybe true, but had he done that then he’d have always wondered ‘what if?’

I’m sure he would - I guess on the other side he can almost certainly make that move or one like it in the summer. His stop with us won’t hurt his profile.

Edited by Leo No.8

3 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

I think he was wanted on a free by a few clubs. I hope we let him go for no more than we paid for him.

Really? I hope we sell him for 20 million 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Really? I hope we sell him for 20 million 

We won't sell him for 20m. I'd rather we didn't ruin his career for the sake of a million or two profit.

If someone offers us 5m or something obviously sell him for that but if we're getting offers of £600,00 I'd like them to accept.

Edited by PaulMcC186