Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tokyo Sexwale

European Cup Draw - Mon 16 Dec 11am GMT (till Wednesday probably)

All 16 qualifiers are from Europe’s ‘big 5’ leagues. Not sure if that’s happened before?

Shame. Already feels like a tradition to thrash Porto at some stage of the knockouts.

Eleven of the top 16 richest clubs in Europe are in that Champions League last 16.

There were 16 different flags in the last 16 of the final European Cup. That had fallen to 10 by 2015-16, to seven last season and even fewer this time. Ajax provided the perfect case study this season. Semi-finalists last year, a team built on good husbandry and good practice, but deprived instantly of their two best players by the Euro giants and demoted at a stroke to also-rans.

So in my preferred order, it's on of:

Lyon

Atalanta

Dortmund

Atletico Madrid

Real Madrid

The only team I’d prefer to avoid on that list is Atletico because I don’t think they’d be a good matchup. They are dogged and awkward. I think we’d smash Real though.

Asked if the Reds were a team to be avoided, Zidane smiled and said: "If we play Liverpool, we will eliminate them."

https://www.goal.com/en/news/well-eliminate-liverpool-real-madrid-boss-zidane-jokes-ahead/rbkfnegy4uvp1eev8i7hzpsx6

He's only saying that because he knows the draw is fixed and they'll get Leipzig

we will beat any of them

do the group winners automatically get the second leg at home?

so that says in order of probability:

Atleti

Real

BVB

Atalanta

Lyon

???

Yes, I assume it’s because all those other teams also have certain teams they can’t be drawn against.

Zidane being smoked on Twitter about his elimination comments but what do people expect him to say?

'It will be a tough game against a formidable opponent, but I'm confident in my wee galacticos'

Zidane being smoked on Twitter about his elimination comments but what do people expect him to say?

“We shall bow down to those considerably superior than us and accept our place” would have been good.

I'm getting on the Atleti' bus.

Not because I want 'em, I'd prefer Lyon, but that's who I'm guessing we'll draw

Don't do that, City fans will be banging on about it for months

I hope before the game at City the club make a big deal about wanting a guarantee of player safety at corners after City fans shocking and dangerous behaviour this season