Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tokyo Sexwale

European Cup Draw - Mon 16 Dec 11am GMT (till Wednesday probably)

Group Winners

PSG

Bayern

City (nonces)

Juve

Liverpool

Barca

Leipzig

Leipzig

Valencia

Runners Up

Real

Spurs

Shakhtar/Zagreb/Atalanta

Atleti/Leverkusen

Napoli

Dortmund

Lyon

Chelsea

can't get Spurs, Chelsea or Napoli

Impressive double qualification by Leipzig

Why would all the bookies have City as more likely to win the European Cup than us? We have qualified for the next round, haven't lost a two legged European tie under Klopp, have been in 2 consecutive finals, are the holders, beat City the last time we played them, knocked them out comprehensively the last time we played them in this competition and are 14 points clear of them.

Why would all the bookies have City as more likely to win the European Cup than us? We have qualified for the next round, haven't lost a two legged European tie under Klopp, have been in 2 consecutive finals, are the holders, beat City the last time we played them, knocked them out comprehensively the last time we played them in this competition and are 14 points clear of them.

They’re just rated higher via the metrics used in football betting.

given up on the League

Impressive double qualification by Leipzig

one of them will be kicked out & Rotherham instated to play City

id love to get Madrid last 16, smash them all over the place then knock city out in the quarters and stroll our way through to no 7

Would rather smash Real in the final. The snide b*****ds

Don’t shoot the messenger.

I get the metrics thing.  I guess my question was more, what kind of metrics suggest that City are so much more likely to win the European Cup than Liverpool given everything we know.

I get the metrics thing. I guess my question was more, what kind of metrics suggest that City are so much more likely to win the European Cup than Liverpool given everything we know.

How their games are panning out. They’re incredibly dominant in games still in terms of both basic shot stats and xG and once they get Laporte back or sign a defender they’ll be fine.

How their games are panning out. They’re incredibly dominant in games still in terms of both basic shot stats and xG and once they get Laporte back or sign a defender they’ll be fine.

Ok cheers.  I still find it hard to see they are that much more likely to win it than we are but I guess that's why I should put my money where my mouth is.

If anything this season is showing that xG can not account for everything. It doesn't represent the the porousness of their defence and midfield these days. Not even guardiola believes they are just unlucky that every opponent scores with their one chance while they don't score on low theirs anymore.

If anything this season is showing that xG can not account for everything. It doesn't represent the the porousness of their defence and midfield these days. Not even guardiola believes they are just unlucky that every opponent scores with their one chance while they don't score on low theirs anymore.

Well it does account for that.

Every single one of those teams will want to avoid us

Think Barca fans in particular are happy that we won our group last night