By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Rate the ref - Anthony Taylor - Watford (A) 12 Aug

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Anthony Taylor - Watford (A)  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Marks out of 10

• I don't care

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last one was deffo off.

I thought both were off. But on watching replays I think they were both onside.

I don't think the linesman got them right for the right reasons though. Their second was only onside under real slow mo scrutiny. And their third only because the ball was played backwards and deflected off Mingo. I don't think the linesman could see either, but gave benefit of the doubt.

was interested to see whether as the season progresses there's a correlation between certain ref's scores by individual, result etc

Yea my first thought was correlation between result and the ref's score too. Seems like most people have given a fair-ish rating though, thought it would be much worse.

And their third only because the ball was played backwards and deflected off Mingo. I don't think the linesman could see either, but gave benefit of the doubt.

The direction the ball travelled in is irrelevant to an offside decision - you are on or offside at the point the ball is played and by that he was offside; but it was a close call and I would blame the linesman for not giving it less than I would blame our defence collectively for not dealing with the last 3 phases of Watford attacks effectively.

When did this law change?

It hasnt.

If you are behind the ball you can't be offside. People are assuming that playing it backwards implies you were behind the ball. It's likely that that is true but you can run from an offside position to play a ball that has gone backwards and still be offside.