By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

West Ham (H) Sat 3pm

Dan

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are few more infuriating players in the Premier League than Glen Johnson, who has both exceptional speed and a bizarre instinct to slow everything to a standstill when he runs on to the ball. He is a player with oodles of ability but nowhere near as much time as he seems to think when in possession, and he is often caught out by more sprightly opponents. So it said a lot when Brendan Rodgers called on Johnson after Mamadou Sakho got injured against Chelsea on Tuesday. What it said was that Dejan Lovren is still in the dog house. Sakho has been quietly excellent since replacing the injured Croat at Bournemouth in mid-December but now the Frenchman looks set to miss this weekend’s clash with West Ham, who, like Liverpool, are jostling for a top-four finish. It will be interesting to see whether Rodgers picks Johnson ahead of Lovren again. Johnson’s superior mobility suggests he may be more comfortable than Lovren in a back three and also better able to cope with the pace of Diafra Sakho and Enner Valencia, though Lovren should be better equipped to help Martin Skrtel contain Andy Carroll. But those are options that will probably encourage Sam Allardyce more than Liverpool fans. Whichever Rodgers plumps for, he is going to need his forwards to improve their chance-conversion rate if Liverpool are to take three points that would send them above West Ham in the table

There are few more infuriating players in the Premier League than Glen Johnson, who has both exceptional speed and a bizarre instinct to slow everything to a standstill when he runs on to the ball. He is a player with oodles of ability but nowhere near as much time as he seems to think when in possession, and he is often caught out by more sprightly opponents. So it said a lot when Brendan Rodgers called on Johnson after Mamadou Sakho got injured against Chelsea on Tuesday. What it said was that Dejan Lovren is still in the dog house. Sakho has been quietly excellent since replacing the injured Croat at Bournemouth in mid-December but now the Frenchman looks set to miss this weekends clash with West Ham, who, like Liverpool, are jostling for a top-four finish. It will be interesting to see whether Rodgers picks Johnson ahead of Lovren again. Johnsons superior mobility suggests he may be more comfortable than Lovren in a back three and also better able to cope with the pace of Diafra Sakho and Enner Valencia, though Lovren should be better equipped to help Martin Skrtel contain Andy Carroll. But those are options that will probably encourage Sam Allardyce more than Liverpool fans. Whichever Rodgers plumps for, he is going to need his forwards to improve their chance-conversion rate if Liverpool are to take three points that would send them above West Ham in the table

Who wrote that?

Mignolet

Can

Skrtel

Lovren

Johnson

Lucas

Henderson

Markovic

Coutinho

Sterling

Sturridge

Thats my guess.

I don't fancy Johnson as a RWB. Not sure why Moreno needs a rest either.

If Gerrard is tired then Lallana comes in for him. I'd have thought we'd ease Sturridge back with 30 mins coming off the bench.

----------Lovren Skrtel Enrique

I've been imagining Enrique at left centreback and decided that I want this. It'll be a laugh if nothing else - like the first steps of a newborn giraffe or a dog on laminate flooring.

I've been imagining Enrique at left centreback and decided that I want this. It'll be a laugh if nothing else - like the first steps of a newborn giraffe or a dog on laminate flooring.

Maybe even the proverbial........bull in a china shop...... He would have smashing time :-)

Sturridge & Gerrard both starting, I believe.

Heard any other team news ?

Maybe even the proverbial........bull in a china shop...... He would have smashing time :-)

Heard any other team news ?

It wasn't anything I'd heard, just a hunch. Based on Sturridge having been wrapped in cotton wool more than we were originally thinking he would, so I thought by now he's easily ready to start. And on Gerrard - he's had boots made with 700 on them for tomorrow which will/would be his 700th game for us.

As it turns out though, neither are starting so my hunch was 100% wrong :D

Team is:

Mig, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Markovic, Lucas, Hendo, Moreno, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling