By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Kits Clashing?

downunder

Watching today’s game was the worst experience for me since watching MOTD on a B&W TV with an indoor aerial. Being colour blind, predominantly with green and red made it impossible to differentiate the 2 teams. Whatever happened to no colour clashes? Was it an error by one team or UEFA for allowing it? I will ask at LFC how it happened, as I am sure I am not the only one who suffered.

Watching today’s game was the worst experience for me since watching MOTD on a B&W TV with an indoor aerial. Being colour blind, predominantly with green and red made it impossible to differentiate the 2 teams. Whatever happened to no colour clashes? Was it an error by one team or UEFA for allowing it? I will ask at LFC how it happened, as I am sure I am not the only one who suffered.

From being colour blind?

Edited by Stanley Leisure

It was a f***ing nightmare. I couldn't tell the two teams apart. Coutinho seemed to be suffering the same problem.

Tonight was like when we played Maccabi Haifa (I think) a few years back and Bellamy and Gonzalez scored. Couldn't tell the teams apart then either except for their sock colours.

Really? I'm red-green colour blind and had no problem at all.

Yeah it's not a wind up and over the past few years my colour blindness has got worse sadly., Maybe the ESPN feed did something with the colours when upscaling to HD, but someone else from Aus agreed with me on FB.

It was a f***ing nightmare. I couldn't tell the two teams apart. Coutinho seemed to be suffering the same problem.

Tonight was like when we played Maccabi Haifa (I think) a few years back and Bellamy and Gonzalez scored. Couldn't tell the teams apart then either except for their sock colours.

yeah and they didn't even have the decency to have a sponsor with Hebrew letters that day!

Surely it's only a problem with the odd challenge here and there? Otherwise, like, the team's are going in opposite directions. It's not like Ray Wilkins was playing.

And you could recognise one or two of our lads, yeah?

Edited by Case

I always give this as an example how colour blindness effects me.

When watching snooker on TV if the green and/or the brown are amongst the reds I can't pick them out, they all blend in together, if there were multiple greens amongst one red it would be the same, I couldn't pick the red out.

Yesterday's game was ok with close ups, I could tell the differing kits, and obviously recognised our players but as soon as it wasn't a close up the strips looked the same to me.

As for the grass, when i was a kid I used to say grass was greeny brown that is when it was picked up I was colour blind. To this day I can't tell if bits of my lawn have died and gone brown, my wife tells me.

Traffic lights? Red and amber......I still don't know what amber is, as the top two look the same, but I know the position of the lights. And in Aus we do have a middle light, but it doesn't go red and amber like UK, just red to green.

When watching snooker on TV if the green and/or the brown are amongst the reds I can't pick them out, they all blend in together, if there were multiple greens amongst one red it would be the same, I couldn't pick the red out.

Yesterday's game was ok with close ups, I could tell the differing kits, and obviously recognised our players but as soon as it wasn't a close up the strips looked the same to me.

As for the grass, when i was a kid I used to say grass was greeny brown that is when it was picked up I was colour blind. To this day I can't tell if bits of my lawn have died and gone brown, my wife tells me.

Traffic lights? Red and amber......I still don't know what amber is, as the top two look the same, but I know the position of the lights. And in Aus we do have a middle light, but it doesn't go red and amber like UK, just red to green.

But wouldn't the bottom light look the same as the top then? wacko.gif

1410960066[/url]' post='3699168']

But wouldn't the bottom light look the same as the top then? wacko.gif

No, to me it's a very light green, I assume it is to everyone. It looks completely different to the 2 above it.

I don't get every variance of colour wrong. But I have no idea what purple or mauve are, I always seem to be wrong in that one too :-(

I agree with you Cobs...

laugh.gif

for the record, when I met you, I wasn't wearing a green top

No, to me it's a very light green, I assume it is to everyone. It looks completely different to the 2 above it.

I don't get every variance of colour wrong. But I have no idea what purple or mauve are, I always seem to be wrong in that one too :-(

This and your previous post are pretty much how it is for me.

I also find it's a visualisation/memory issue too. As you say words like 'mauve' or 'violet' don't mean anything to me. They don't conjure up any image in my head. People show me things that are supposedly those colours but they don't really look like anything apart from what I thought purple was.

Edited by stressederic

The 'few people' would amount to several thousand in the ground last night ... although I think the issue was only in relation to the tv pictures rather than live.

Never heard anybody going on about it.

What's the % of the population with this affliction then, take it you're one of them.