By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The 2018 World Cup

If this situation in Crimea is in the same state as it is right now, the WC has to be taken away from them.

I know Blatter has predictably said it will go on but I have to think that there will be boycotts left, right and center.

Could it possibly just go on as normal?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this situation in Crimea is in the same state as it is right now, the WC has to be taken away from them.

I know Blatter has predictably said it will go on but I have to think that there will be boycotts left, right and center.

Meh - we'll all have forgotten about the annexation of Crimea, Belarus and Moldova by then.

Who do you think will boycott the WC as things stand ?

It will because what FA will boycott it? Perhaps the Ukrainian one.

You'd be better off talking to your local FA representative and making your views known to them so that they can raise the issue internally and see if there is any support for the idea of a boycott than waiting for Fifa to make a geo-political decision that conforms to your beliefs.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...