By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Summer Activity

baja the hut

I have seen a lot of discussion about what we need to do in the summer and what people think will happen, not from a transfer sense, but from a club organisational sense.

what will happen?

- Will Kenny stay? If not who will come in?

- Will we persist with DoF structure or not?

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks suspiciously like a transfer thread. Kenny deserves another season, we need stability at all levels at the moment not more upheaval. If he can get us in the CL next season I'm sure he'll think job done.

Other than that sell Downing.

This looks suspiciously like a transfer thread. Kenny deserves another season, we need stability at all levels at the moment not more upheaval. If he can get us in the CL next season I'm sure he'll think job done.

Other than that sell Downing.

We need a total upheaval.

There's 7 or 8 players, tops, good enough.

I can see Reina going. And for once I won't be bitter about someone leaving. Partly because I think he's been abject for us for two years now but also because he's in the prime of his career and we're looking at midtable mediocrity for years. When Torres went we still had hope but now... Why should Reina stay, hope for 5th next year, then maybe a crack at top 4 IF we get everything right on & off the pitch?

Similarly with Agger.

We need a total upheaval.

There's 7 or 8 players, tops, good enough.

You'd look at definitely keeping Reina, Doni, Kelly, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Coates, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Suarez, Bellamy, Carroll (just about).

Would be displeased with the sale of Maxi.

I wouldn't give a flying s**** if any of the others left.

I don't think Kenny will be manager next season. I hope I'm wrong, but I think the decision was made weeks ago.

Whoever is in charge needs to look at their backroom staff and increase the quality/quantity around the 1st team. Chelsea were much more physically strong than we were today, and other teams have been too. Mentally, motivationally, big improvements are needed.

Playing wise, only a few should be moved on - we can't rip it up and start again every year. Carra needs to be phased out or at least told he's 4th/5th choice. Maxi, Dirk, Downing, perhaps Jay, Enrique. Midfield needs a lot of strengthening as a priority. Stevie needs to be fit.

At executive level, we must have a clear stadium strategy in place, communicated to everyone, by the end of this year.

And that purple 3rd kit with the weird arm design MUST be made a reality.

IF we were to do this, what would your expectations be next season?

Genuine question.

Depends on the manager and the players that come in.

Reina, Doni

Johnson Kelly

Boss CB, Skrtel, Agger, Coates

Boss LB who can also play LM, Enrique

Lucas, Boss CM1, Boss CM2, Henderson

Boss Winger 1, Boss Winger 2, Bellamy, Sterling

Suarez, Boss Striker, Carroll

Depends on the manager and the players that come in.

Reina, Doni

Johnson Kelly

Boss CB, Skrtel, Agger, Coates

Boss LB who can also play LM, Enrique

Lucas, Boss CM1, Boss CM2, Henderson

Boss Winger 1, Boss Winger 2, Bellamy, Sterling

Suarez, Boss Striker, Carroll

A lot of boss' in that.

Kenny - Got a feeling he's leaving in the summer, I think this decision was made a while ago, I believe our recent league form reflects that, players were only playing for the cup runs.

Henderson - Major disappointment after a good start to the season, he goes missing in games ALL the time, sometimes you don't even realise he is on the pitch. Lacks self belief and balls, still very young though and that will keep him at Liverpool for another season.

Downing - Another major disappointment, experienced, proven premier league player, not scored a league goal all season, goes missing in games like Henderson, lack of belief in his own ability like Henderson but Downing has no excuse. Mediocre player, good for the squad but he's not a first teamer at a club like Liverpool, he should be gone in the summer.

Enrique - Like Henderson, good start to the season but over the past half season his form and confidence have plummeted. I think he's safe for the summer, this lad is talented just needs that proverbrial kick up the backside, I think another manager could get the best out of him on a consistent basis.

Adam - Gone from being the big fish in the small pond to a small fish in a large pond (Blackpool to Liverpool). Not made the transistion well, some players just can't do it because they don't have the right mentality, Adam falls into this category, his corners have been s**** and has been found wanting taking on a more responsible role in Liverpool's midfield. Less said about the penalty in the League Cup Final, think he will be let go in the summer.

Carroll - Up and down season, taken a long time to find his feet and form, his form towards the end of this season has probably saved his Liverpool career, however I want to see more from Carroll next season on a consistent basis to prove his worth and that is he is the number nine Liverpool need over the next few years.

Spearing - The Cup Final overwhelmed him, the lad has heart, there is no denying that but he's no more than a squad player, he certainly didn't warrant a starting place in our biggest game of the season. He might be here next season (could go out on loan) but further down the pecking order IF we buy the right players in midfield.

Edited by Jim D

I think JWH is going to grab this by the nuts and make sweeping changes - we're crying out for a new approach

I don't think Kenny will survive - I don't think it would be right to bring back Rafa

There needs to be a complete clean out of the squad because if we are going to be f***ing about mid table we may aswell be doing it with up and coming young players and not persisting with the likes of Carra, Maxi, Kuyt, Adam and Downing,

We need to take our oil and realise we are not going to be a champions league club in the near future.

We need to spend big on top quality talent who are clinical winners, do it early in the transfer window and have a long pre-season

I reckon Kenny will stay, even if only because Henry and co dont know enough about football to replace him.

I don't know, they were pretty ruthless with Comolli. The owners know Kenny is just as responsible for the signings as Comolli was.....if Kenny goes it wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

Edited by Jim D

I don't know, they were pretty ruthless with Comolli. The owners know Kenny is just as responsible for the signings as Comolli was.....if Kenny goes it wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

They do but all they do is promote from within or go off Billy Beane recommendations, I'm not sure they've got enough of a clue yet and theres no DOF to advise them, at least not one at the club yet anyway. Ayre's a muppet too so cant see him having much input.

Would these players get a game under a different manager, would they be allowed to do the same wrong thing, game after game?

If you think the players are so poor that they will never improve, sell them. If its down to tactics and training, its the coach etc who has to go.

This season has been shocking, i have no idea why we persist in players who dont contribute, by picking them it makes them think they are doing the right thing.

There will be a big change in the summer, some players bought and sold, but i expect kenny might get a promotion

They do but all they do is promote from within or go off Billy Beane recommendations, I'm not sure they've got enough of a clue yet and theres no DOF to advise them, at least not one at the club yet anyway. Ayre's a muppet too so cant see him having much input.

think you are underestimating them, but I'm pretty certain kenny will be here next year but not necessarily as manager.

I've managed to mentally prepare myself for anyone going. I just don't care any more.

1. Jones - does it matter?

2. Johnson - good but could be improved on.

3. Enrique - good but needs a certain type of manager to work with him.

5. Agger - why should he wait around hoping we'll be good enough to finish as high as 4th before he retires? And the injury probelems are not yet fully cleared up.

6. Aurelio - finished & out of contract.

7. Suarez - brilliant but will FSG put image before the necessity to keep him? The shadow will forever be there.

8. Gerrard - fading but still important to the image & ambition of the club. But where the feck do you play him & will the need to fit him in hold us back?

9. Carroll - looking good now but is this as good as it gets - do we take the hit now?

11. Maxi - fading.

14. Henderson - very poor season. Wingers & forwards that don't tackle are one thing but midfielders...

16. Coates - fairly anonymous season. Has quality but would he be missed?

18. Kuyt - fading.

19. Downing - good grief. Keep in the squad - why; could he change games from the bench? No.

20. Spearing - poor player.

21. Lucas - brilliant but I have doubts whether players ever come back the same from an injury like that.

22. D Wilson - does it matter?

23. Carragher - fading.

25. Reina - poor for two seasons now. Also, see Agger.

26. Adam - done okay this season. Reasonable for the squad.

32. Doni - does it matter?

33. Shelvey - what's his position? And not good enough to start & not good enough to change a game as a sub.

34. Kelly - okay at rightback.

37. Skrtel - splendid season probably enough to paper over previous seasons.

38. Flanagan - weak & poor decision making.

39. Bellamy - the season spent in the Championship has seen him struggle athletically this season.

49. Robinson - good enough to be first choice back-up to Enrique next season.

- Aquilani - not being here has made him the World's Greatest Midfielder. But there's a reason why he isn't here.

- J Cole - never gonna happen.

It;s unlikely any of the current big names are going to come here. Kenny needs support for an all out assault on the CL next season. If he gets that I'm sure he'll pass over the reigns, if that's what we want, It's a building process.

Edited by Epic Swindle

Move Kenny into the board room and club management.

Get a director of football - a real one.

Bring back rafa and his back room staff so the team and getting coached properly.

Sell downing for whatever get. He clearly does not have the mental attitude to play for Liverpool. Tell carra he time is up and he will be a 4th choice next season. Promote and play Robinson, sterling and any others who can cut it.

Give the rest of the squad another season to to prove themselves.

Bring in a dm partner for Lucas and have hnederson and spearing as back up. Spunk a s*** load on a creative winger.

Sort out the new stadium.

I don't want us spending another 100 mil on players when we don't have a clue how we are going to be playing and no clue on how to coach them.