By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Jordan Henderson

Conrad

He's nothing like Alonso. I'd hope he could be a bit of a Michael Laudrup

If we're just throwing random names out there, he looks like Figo to me.

Seriously, Laudrup was a phenomenal dribbler and a highly creative passer. Henderson looks like a smart player with a good pass but in style and attributes they are hardly alike.

He's nothing like Alonso. I'd hope he could be a bit of a Michael Laudrup

f***ing hell, you don't 'develop into' a bit of a Laudrup. he's a damn site more like Alonso than he is Laudrup.

Can't put my finger on who he is like, sharp passing, good eye for goal, game passes him by a lot, maybe Lampard.

f***ing hell, you don't 'develop into' a bit of a Laudrup. he's a damn site more like Alonso than he is Laudrup.

Can't put my finger on who he is like, sharp passing, good eye for goal, game passes him by a lot, maybe Lampard.

It is Lampard, but Lampard's a c***, and Henderson hasn't shown his eye for goal yet ( less than one in ten ) which lends me to believe he could develop into a more Alonso type. He'll go either way

And he does look a bit like that...

Edited by Earl Hafler

He has plenty of energy and covers lots of ground, not the most physical and has yet to show any real tenacity for a tackle. Can apparently play in a central 2 in midfield but question marks prevail. Plays best with the ball on the ground with lots of movement from team-mates for him to exploit space they vacate and to find tea-mates with a pass when in possession.

Plays right mid, but more tucked-in than staying-wide. Nice touch and comfortable in possession, has played behind the striker and gets into good positions to net goals, though conversion rate has yet to be determined given insignificant amount of games he has played.

As I said before, he is displaying alot of the qualities Meireles brought to the team with similar question marks. As always, time will tell how he eventually turns out.

brian laudrup was a bit of a laudrup. good player. his brother was sensational.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlPnFywMFhk&feature=BFa&list=FLhi4loB69ts5Vi_I7vW0ICw&lf=plpp_video

That's a great vid. He really was an artist. Loved watching the way he would float past defenders by shifting the ball between his feet. He had the ' the zidane turn' and 'ronaldinho disguised pass' as signature moves well before they came on to the scene. His main flaw was that he was never hugely prolific. Think more would would be agreeing with the quote from Beckenbauer that he was the best player of the 90s if he had.

For the stattos: When he joined Real Madrid to win his fifth Spanish title on the trot (only player ever to do that), Zamorano was the topscorer in Spain that season, 82% of his goals were directly assisted by Laudrup.

Guess it would be ok if Henderson became a bit like him.

Aye, definitely!

Think Hendo will go on to be a very good player, can't see worldbeater standards of Laudrup in him though.

Don't think it was ever a comparison of standard. More a comparison of style.

He's more like Laudrup than Alonso anyway. The only Alonso in him is the way he jogs.