Sign in to follow this  
Conrad

Jordan Henderson

I think, more than any other player, he reminds me of Poseidon God of the Sea.

:lol: :lol: Was brushing my teeth when I read this and almost chocked.

Don't think it was ever a comparison of standard. More a comparison of style.

He's more like Laudrup than Alonso anyway. The only Alonso in him is the way he jogs.

Sure. You and Clay are, well, shhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt

He's got a little bit of Stalin about him, particularly the way he annexes post war Eastern European nations.

And especially that time he brutally repressed his political rivals against Bolton.

It is Lampard, but Lampard's a c***, and Henderson hasn't shown his eye for goal yet ( less than one in ten ) which lends me to believe he could develop into a more Alonso type. He'll go either way

And he does look a bit like that...

I really don't see any Alonso-type elements to Henderson's game. There's more of Alonso in Charlie Adam, much more as I noticed for the first time on saturday, Adam does that 180 degree turn and lay it off/spread it pass that Alonso always used to do.

Edited by Heighway 61 Revisited

I really don't see any Alonso-type elements to Henderson's game. There's more of Alonso in Charlie Adam, much more as I noticed for the first time on saturday, Adam does that 180 degree turn and lay it off/spread it pass that Alonso always used to do.

There's elements there. I haven't said he's Alonso, i suggested he may develop into that type - a central midfield playmaker.

He's more Alonso than Michael Laudrup for starters.

He's reminiscent of Lampard without the goals, but i wanted to suggest Liverpool players. Redknapp was supposed to be our Lampard.

At the moment Henderson doesn't have the eye for goal, and he isn't going to develop into a Gerrard or Gary Mac.

Anyone saying he is absolutely nothing like Alonso should f*** off and stop using the English language. He's a footballer for starters.

He's Lampard.

Gets himself into good positions, just as yet (apart from the one goal) he hasn't displayed Lampard's finishing.

He'll be a 10-goal a season player in a few years.

Remember Gerrard wasn't scoring loads until his mid-20s really.

He's Lampard.

Gets himself into good positions, just as yet (apart from the one goal) he hasn't displayed Lampard's finishing.

Lampard wasn't a regular scorer early in hsi career. Fabregas was another one who took a while to add goals to his game.

He's Lampard.

He's quicker and has more to his game than Lampard.

He hasn't. Lampard is ace

I think long term Henderson has the qualities to be a better all round player than Lampard.

And less of a c***.

He's Lampard.

At Henderson's age, Gerrard had scored seven in a season in only his second full season. There's one anomaly in Gerrard's career when he played behind Torres in 08/09. Same for Lampard. At 21 / 22 in a 4-4-2 he's bagging seven goals a season.

Formation change and license to attack resulted in Lampard scoring more goals.

Fabregas - 20 / 21 he's bagged seven goals. Again, one anomaly during his career results in fifteen goals.

People comparing Henderson to Fabregas or Gerrard in terms of goalscoring are way off it, as they are stating that those two developed from a scoring ratio similar to Henderson's into a 15 goal a season machine

* league goals.

Edited by Earl Hafler

Henderson really brings the weirdest out in people.

Comparisons to Laudrup and Iniesta, people being slightly disappointed if he only becomes as good as Beckham, saying he has more to his game than Lampard.

I'd settle for an athletic and rich man's Danny Murphy.

can we try and keep this in the realms of the rational

I'm not saying he's better than Lampard or ever will be. Merely that I think if he develops he could potentially be a better all round player tha Lampard.

Is that really that far fetched?

I'm not saying he's better than Lampard or ever will be. Merely that I think if he develops he could potentially be a better all round player tha Lampard.

Is that really that far fetched?

You said he's already better. " He's quicker and has more to his game "

Let's hope he isn't as anonymous as Lampard can be at times.

Once he gets a bit more confidence and aggression I think he'll do well. If he ends up scoring the goals Lampard has then we'll have a good shot at a few titles.