Sign in to follow this  
Conrad

Jordan Henderson

i think the middle ( in behind the striker) will be his best position, he is very busy and moves the ball quickly,i think he is a little lost out on the wing even though it was suggested by Bruce it was his best position. looks to me to be the replacement for Gerrard in the future, maybe he could sit deeper in the Adam role but he has a good knack of getting into great positions in the box.

You're right it isn't always about blood and thunder but you do have to be prepared to put your foot in a bit if you want to play centre-mid. I wouldn't say Didi Hamann or Xabi Alonso tackled like Tommy Smith but they were prepared to get stuck in. At the moment, Yossi Benayoun looks tougher in the tackle than Henderson.

Xabi was tougher than most.

Watching Henderson having a very good game last night with the U21 I wonder if it would suit us better playing him alongside Lucas than playing Adam there. He had a very good game last night, was head and shoulders above others in midfield in that game yesterday.

Watching Henderson having a very good game last night with the U21 I wonder if it would suit us better playing him alongside Lucas than playing Adam there. He had a very good game last night, was head and shoulders above others in midfield in that game yesterday.

Defintely.

I'd love to see a midfield three of:

Lucas Henderson

Gerrard

That has the lot.

Henderson has some brilliant attributes, he is technically excellent, can pass, has an engine and speed, he could be brilliant in the centre three alonside those two.

If Gerrard isnt fit, I'd still play a three with Adam in there as playing a two just isnt working.

5-0, Iceland, want to see him do it in something a bit more challenging than that.

5-0, Iceland, want to see him do it in something a bit more challenging than that.

Did you watch the game?

Iceland actually have decent team and did well in the Euro finals last summer. Were among 8 teams that made it to the finals.

Henderson just had a very good game and played in a position I have not seen him play for Liverpool. I thought it was worth a mention in this thread.

Did you watch the game?

Iceland actually have decent team and did well in the Euro finals last summer. Were among 8 teams that made it to the finals.

Henderson just had a very good game and played in a position I have not seen him play for Liverpool. I thought it was worth a mention in this thread.

No, I apologize, I didn't see it. I am just a little underwhelmed by Henderson that's all.

What position did he play in then?

No, I apologize, I didn't see it. I am just a little underwhelmed by Henderson that's all.

What position did he play in then?

No problem - I have actually been underwhelmed by him aswell and therefore his performance, even at that stage was positve for me.

They played 4-3-3 where Henderson was in the middle of the three in midfield. He ran the show for me. His work rate is excellent and he looked like a box-to-box player with very good runs and his passing was also good. So what I was trying to say was that he looked promising in a playmaking role.

Surprised so far that he's not as dynamic as I expected. I was for some reason expecting a stronger, faster footballer than he looks so far for what we paid.

Whilst looking tidy on the ball, I was hoping for greater raw materials if I'm honest. I'm sure he can get better with experience, and be a decent part of the squad but I think his potential is limited considering the fee.

He has good technique though and gets into goslscoring positions - they look to be his best attributes but as our number one transfer target and a lad we seemingly overpaid for based on potential I cant really see it.

Not saying he can't be a decent option in the squad, just can't see him ever being worth what we paid and more even if he improves I suppose. Can't see what he is exceptionally gifted that will make him stand out.

I just don't see in him that special potential you see in a

young player that makes you really sit up and say this kid could be really something and for the fee I would expect that if I'm honest. I see more raw potential in Carroll,

Edited by Leo No.8

Surprised so far that he's not as dynamic as I expected. I was for some reason expecting a stronger, faster footballer than he looks so far for what we paid.

Whilst looking tidy on the ball, I was hoping for greater raw materials if I'm honest. I'm sure he can get better with experience, and be a decent part of the squad but I think his potential is limited considering the fee.

He has good technique though and gets into goslscoring positions - they look to be his best attributes but as our number one transfer target and a lad we seemingly overpaid for based on potential I cant really see it.

Not saying he can't be a decent option in the squad, just can't see him ever being worth what we paid and more even if he improves I suppose. Can't see what he is exceptionally gifted that will make him stand out.

I just don't see in him that special potential you see in a

young player that makes you really sit up and say this kid could be really something and for the fee I would expect that if I'm honest. I see more raw potential in Carroll,

Well said - agree with everything except for the comment on Carroll.

If he fulfils his potential I'm seeing a young Beckham here

but he needs the rights system and team mates for it to work for him

If he fulfils his potential I'm seeing a young Beckham here

but he needs the rights system and team mates for it to work for him

he can't pass like him, cross like him or take a set piece like him. These are the things which defined Beckham. Beckham also had a level of aggression.

he does run around a lot

he can't pass like him, cross like him or take a set piece like him. These are the things which defined Beckham. Beckham also had a level of aggression.

he does run around a lot

When Beckham as the same age as Henderson he was at Preston on loan and had yet to play for England

he does run around a lot

Don't see the Beckham comparisons either.

Yeah I don't get the Beckham comparison either. Beckham was renowned for his quality set pieces, crossing and pretty good distribution. He had a good engine and did a lot of running around.

At the moment I'm not sure what Henderson does, but it certainly isn't reminiscent of Beckham.

I think Louis Walsh came up with the comparison.

"Jordan, you owned that pitch tonight. You made it your own. You were born to do this. And you know what? You remind me of a young David Beckham."

"Jordan, you owned that pitch tonight. You made it your own. You were born to do this. And you know what? You remind me of a young David Beckham."

" and we're looking for someone who's going to sell millions and millions of shirts "

Cue wild cries of delight from the audience and feigned surprise and humble gratitude from the contestant - or Hendo, in this case.

From a few excellent set piece deliveries to some dynamic hard work, if you watched the u21 game you can see where the comparison came from.

He also reall hates football deep down, is only interested in flagrant self promotion and thinks the sour-faced, anorexic look is shexy.

When Beckham as the same age as Henderson he was at Preston on loan and had yet to play for England

I just don't see the beckham thing. Lampard... yeah I get that.

I just don't see the beckham thing. Lampard... yeah I get that.

I saw the Beckham thing from his youtube showreels before he joined. For a player of his age he did seem useful from a deadball, he could whip an excellent cross in, and was good out wide although looked a more natural centre mid where he could clearly play a pass from.

For us, he's been more Lampard, I agree.