By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Poll on the Manager

Bromage

531 members have voted

1. 1. Should Roy Hodgson be sacked immediately?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

This poll is closed to new votes

Results on the current one running on TLW, for a few weeks now:

I like Roy and I would like to see him given time to succeed. 10 1.26%

Not my first choice, but he's here and I'd like to see him given time before I make a judgement. 38 4.77%

He may/may not have been the right choice, but from what I've seen I've got no faith in him. 169 21.23%

I don't want him here, and I want him sacked before any more damage is done. 579 72.74%

Started another one, just awaiting the abuse I'll get for starting another.

OpenDNS thinks www.liverpoolway.co.uk is a phishing site :o

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Results on the current one running on TLW, for a few weeks now:

I like Roy and I would like to see him given time to succeed. 10 1.26%

Not my first choice, but he's here and I'd like to see him given time before I make a judgement. 38 4.77%

He may/may not have been the right choice, but from what I've seen I've got no faith in him. 169 21.23%

I don't want him here, and I want him sacked before any more damage is done. 579 72.74%

Started another one, just awaiting the abuse I'll get for starting another.

Surely, if you have no faith in the manager, there is no reason for not wanting him removed.

So, in reality that is 93.97% = HODGSON OUT

Wow 99%.

Never did I expect a Liverpool manager to be unpopular with the entire fanbase.

Thinking about it, it really is absolutely shocking how quickly Hodge has mentioned to turn pretty much every fan against him.

The thing is. Unlike every other manager we've had I can remember, it's not easy to stick up for him.

The results are poor

We don't enough score goals.

We concede too many goals.

We're bad to watch.

We don't keep possession.

His "tactics" don't suit our squad OR or best players.

His signings have so far been 100% s***.

He doesn't get us.

His public chat is at best uninspiring, at worst demoralising for supporters.

His private chat is making at least some of the playing staff question their commitment.

His CV holds no clues that any of this is abnormal for his teams / MO.

He's an old man and won't change and with the best will in the world, isn't here for the long haul.

On top of that it seems he lives in an alternate reality where he thinks he's the solution and not the problem. He thinks managing Liverpool his reward - an end not a journey.

It's hard work for anyone who would normally fall back onto the fence to play devils advocate.

Edited by jr_ewing

Wow 99%.

Never did I expect a Liverpool manager to be unpopular with the entire fanbase.

Thinking about it, it really is absolutely shocking how quickly Hodge has mentioned to turn pretty much every fan against him.

It's not just that he's unpopular,Souness was unpopular. It's that he's hated by so many supporters that's telling. A large number of supporters really despise him.

I am well known for my deep and abiding love for Roy Hodgson. Everyone that I've been for a pint with or to a match with comments on just how gushy I get about him and how much I want him to stay.

no, you're well known for being a mentalist, which is why some people think that voting for him to stay is the kind of stunt you'd pull

It's not just that he's unpopular,Souness was unpopular. It's that he's hated by so many supporters that's telling. A large number of supporters really despise him.

I never thought he was the right man (or that Rafa should have been 'mutual consented' for that matter), but I've been astounded by what a sniveling, whinging, hypocritical, self aggrandising and deluded man Hodgson really is. Some of the things he has said beggar belief, and when you start comparing what he said one week to another it really makes it clear where his priorities lie; him, himself and his meedjia / LMA bloated ego.

Just get rid of him so we can all start enjoying being fans again ffs (win or lose).

edit - just noticed, 11 posts in coming up on 5 years - that should give some idea of the hate that he is inspiring :)

Edited by spf

I think Howard Kendall as LFC manager would even see a better result than that

I remember he threw his hat into the ring for the Irish job after Staunton got the bullet. A radio station managed to get him to come on air and give an interview about why he felt he was suited to the job instead of Terry Venables (he was the main candidate at the time). He was more interested in measuring the size of his willy against El Tel's and hadn't a breeze about the Irish team. He knew Given, stuttered onto Duff and that was it. Then to soak up some time he waffled on about Given and compared him to Southall. I'd love to get my hands on that interview !

I'm actually disappointed.

In a similar poll on YNWA two or three weeks ago with around 400 votes in total, he had ZERO votes 'for' him until I pointed out that someone didn't even give him a pity vote and somebody obliged. He has two more now - what gives? What on earth in the last few weeks could possibly have changed anyone's mind?

inspiring stuff from his Fulham days here

http://bit.ly/arFxhA

I remember when I was at Halmstads we had two years without winning away.

Every away game we play in the Premier League, our opponents expect to beat us. We rarely start as favourites

I don’t see any magical formula which will see us suddenly change it around.

the magic formula is called coaching and tactics Roy!

Always one for the understatement you, aren't you?

Don't be a bloody drama queen. "Vermin", ffs.

I like CarraLegend (and Rushiesbushy, smithdown's) rants to be honest. They have a calming effect knowing that there are angrier people out there than me at how Hodgson is slowly dismantling the club Shankly built.

The question is "should he be sacked immediately". My answer is undecided, not because I think he shouldn't be sacked but because I cannot say that yes, I want him sacked IMMEDIATELY. The question for this poll is somewhat synonymous with a question like: < "Do you want to feel like a Newcastle United fan?" Yes/No/Undecided >

I want us to replace Roy with the right candidate not just sack him for the sake of the catharsis of his lynch mob's rage.

Were the question "Do you want to see Roy Hodgson replaced as manager of Liverpool" I would have voted yes.