By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Thread

New York Red

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbie Keane wouldn't get near this team at the minute. He's scored in three league games all season and, when he does get onto the pitch, it's on the wing.

Not a word of criticism towards Redknapp for misusing the player though.

Funny how no one has mentioned that getting rid of him seems to be a more prudent move with every passing game

Robbie Keane wouldn't get near this team at the minute. He's scored in three league games all season and, when he does get onto the pitch, it's on the wing.

Not a word of criticism towards Redknapp for misusing the player though.

Yes he would. Well, in my team he would.

None of them would get in our first team with everyone fit. I'd defo take Defoe and Crouch though

True, but we can't rely on Torres being fit for more than 50% of the season really.

He had looked good for a fair while but he appears to have turned s*** in that Summer.

I always thought it was an odd buy to be honest. Especially at the price

I have a theory Carra and Gerrard had a big say over transfer targets that summer, but its only a hunch.

Edited by johngibo YPC

Rafa bought Keane, was quick to realise it wasn't going to work, and sold him for a small loss. Don't think there would be nearly as much debate about the Keane thing if Rafa had been given the money to re-invest in another striker.

All managers buy bad players. I don't think Rafa has used the money available to him any worse than the likes of Ferguson, Mourinho, Redknapp, Jol, O'Neill have or did. Even Wenger has bought a fair share of duffs - he's just covered himself overall by selling players at the right time to greatly reduce his net spend.

you claimed only a few days ago that Benitez had been "very well supported financially in the transfer market" or words to that effect.

You don't cut him any slack whatsoever, so then this is a pretty big factor to leave out.

would we accept 17m in monopoly money for him? or 17m Lira?

what use is a players worth if we don't know what happens to the money? no player is worth anything financially in that context.

who was talking to you? all gets so confusing doesn't it?

You seem incapable of getting out of your trench for a little light relief. What do you think I was up to, trying to lure you into advocating Yossi's sale or something by putting a value on him.

It was just a piece of fluff, a harmless question, but you're spoiling for a fight because I wont excuse the manager for his failings.

The thing with Keane is that he might not have been so s*** had Rafa been able to play him in the formation he wanted with the other players he wanted to bring in.

Putting that consideration aside, he played extremely poorly, was a distraction when he was on the bench and whilst Rafa should be criticised for the initial signing, he should also be applauded for rectifying the mistake quickly and decisively.

The thing with Keane is that he might not have been so s*** had Rafa been able to play him in the formation he wanted with the other players he wanted to bring in.

He would have. He was s****

I'm just pissed off cos i'm trying to pretend the whole thing never happened and noone will let me

And i wouldn't applaud Rafa for selling him so quick. I'll maybe applaud whoever it was who managed to get most of our money back

He would have. He was s****

I'm just pissed off cos i'm trying to pretend the whole thing never happened and noone will let me

And i wouldn't applaud Rafa for selling him so quick. I'll maybe applaud whoever it was who managed to get most of our money back

it didn't happen

they're all just weirdos

f*** em all

somwhere between £10m and £15m i suppose. but then it all depends on your definition of worth doesn't it? i.e. he's worth far more than that to man city, far less to a russian club, and you also cannot ignore our financial situation and what we'd be prepared to take since we're at the point of becoming a selling club.

In the real world I think he's worth more to us than we'd likely get in transfer fee, given that he's our third most potent player and there's no chance of getting anyone better in for at least this window.

In champ manager land, given his age, I'd look at anything over £12m, but it would have to be well over that to say yay