By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

LIVERPOOL v REAL MADRID

ynwa.tv

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Arbeloa is fit for this one. It'd be nice to have Carra in the center and Masch in midfield.

If he is not, then I think Carra will play there - and whats more, I think he will be happy with it. Part of the reason why I think Carra asked not to play there against Boro was because he thought we could win that game even with Lucas playing there. I think he will be only glad to help the team against Madrid

He should be dropped for not playing at right back. If he's too tired to play right back, he's too tired to play centre back and should thus be benched.

b******s my friend. full backs have to get up and down a pitch. thankfully, centre backs don't do that too often. this is why when midfielders get on in their careers you've never seen them becoming fullbacks but they can often play centre half.

Nice comments from Raul about playing at Anfield...........

Fernando Morientes struggled to adapt to life at Liverpool during his 18-month spell on Merseyside. Yet the striker’s quiet time there made an indelible imprint on one of the greatest players in the history of Spanish football, a powerful memory that will surge again through Raúl’s mind like a bolt of electricity when Real Madrid arrive at Anfield this week for the second leg of their Champions League first knockout round tie.

The Real captain went to see his former teammate at Anfield – the only time he has travelled to England to watch a game from the stands – and the experience left him awe-struck and eagerly anticipating the opportunity to play at the famous stadium crammed in between those tiny terraced streets.

“I’m stuck for words,” Raúl said. “It’s so different: the singing in the ground and the approach to the stadium. You walk through the area with all the houses and suddenly there it is, the stadium, you can’t see it until it’s on top of you . . . crowded with all the fans, the noise, the passion. The atmosphere was incredible. It was a league game. I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like for a Champions League match . . . crazy.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle5870803.ece

b******s my friend. full backs have to get up and down a pitch. thankfully, centre backs don't do that too often. this is why when midfielders get on in their careers you've never seen them becoming fullbacks but they can often play centre half.

I don't agree with the reasoning of MFletcher, but I do the sentiment. Any player should play where they are told. However, I'm not going to condemn Carra for what amounts to inference and gossip over this RB shenanigin.

Speaking of Raul I had a dream last night where he scrored in the 88th minute to make it 1-0. The ball was crossed in low from the right by Ramos, Raul got in ahead of one of the CBs and hit a low right foot volley into the right hand corner from about 16 yards. Dunno what happened in ET tho!!

Shocking lack of potential line ups in this thread

If Torres/Arbeloa fit

Reina

Arbeloa

Skrtel

Carra

Aurelio

Masch

Xabi

Riera

Kuyt

Gerrard

Torres

Without

Reina

Carra

Skrtel

Hyypia

Aurelio

Masch

Xabi

Riera

Babel

Gerrard

Kuyt

Riera only in both as there's nobody else. He's been dross for ages now but you never know when he might turn it on

If the injuries fears around Agger, Arbeloa, Benayoun and Torres are confirmed then I'd go with this:

Reina

Carra Skrtel Hyypia Aurelio

Xabi Masch

Kuyt Gerrard Babel

Ngog

Masch plays on the left of Xabi to give Aurelio a hand with Robben. If that isn't enough, then switch Kuyt and Babel around.

yeah that ridiculous yellow Riera got has messed things right up

Reina

Arbeloa Skrtel Carra Aurelio

Masch Alonso

Kuyt Gerrard Babel

Torres

subs: Cavalieri, Hyypia, Lucas, Ngog, Dossena, Spearing, Darby

if Torres out then Ngog will have to play, if Arbeloa out then Hyypia comes in and Carra plays right back (he's had a weeks rest) if they're both out then Ecclestone and Kelly will have to go on the bench as we have nothing else in the squad