By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

tonight's movie choice. . .

Stevie H

I enjoyed the film but Gosling really is quite wooden.... f*** knows why women fancy him. He's gormless looking in every film I have seen him in so far and hardly what you'd consider a good looking bloke

What would you consider a good looking bloke?

What would you consider a good looking bloke?

Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt are the obvious ones.... At least they convey some kind of emotion when acting... That Pattinson chap is a s**** actor but got classic looks...

And now I have fallen into some gay accusatory trap

Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt are the obvious ones.... At least they convey some kind of emotion when acting... That Pattinson chap is a s**** actor but got classic looks...

And now I have fallen into some gay accusatory trap

Depp conveys emotion?

I've yet to see that

Watched Room 237 - various conspiracy theorist loons talk about hidden meanings in The Shining. Holocaust, Native american genocide, faked moon landings - absolutely hilarious. These people should be committed.

Amour - absolutely brilliant but probably the saddest film I've ever seen. I had to watch some nonsense (Walking Dead) before I went to bed.

Edited by Cunny

Just watched collateral. Really enjoyed it a decent action/suspense film

Thought it was brilliant until the end when it turned into a horror film.

Watched Room 237 - various conspiracy theorist loons talk about hidden meanings in The Shining. Holocaust, Native american genocide, faked moon landings - absolutely hilarious. These people should be committed.

Amour - absolutely brilliant but probably the saddest film I've ever seen. I had to watch some nonsense (Walking Dead) before I went to bed.

The shining is about native americans though isn't it? Isn't there a picture of jack amongst them in the final shot.

You could always read the review you know :hmm:

Why would I want to go and do something like that?

And why are your comments on the film written as a Spoiler? You've hardly ruined the plot.

But, I agree, a bit of a mess of a film (but with lots of good bits in it, to be fair)

Oh right. Thought there was summat to do with native Americans referenced.

What's the significance of that pic? Jack was there in a previous life?

Just found this mate:

"Is Jack simply reincarnated by the hotel to undergoe it’s bidding, taking the form of a previous hotel guest who stayed there in 1921 and butchered his family, the hotel re-creating the same events that happened in previous years for generation after generation?

That’s probably the theory that I have stuck closely to over the years during the many times I’ve seen the film, supported quite logically I always thought on the ever so creepy bathroom scene, possibly the best dialogue scene Kubrick ever shot, where we find out that Jack has “always been the caretaker” and that the butler Delbert Grady has “always been the butler”.

Why would I want to go and do something like that?

And why are your comments on the film written as a Spoiler? You've hardly ruined the plot.

But, I agree, a bit of a mess of a film (but with lots of good bits in it, to be fair)

I was trying to not spoil the review ;)

Which were the good bits?

Wnter's Bone -

Plot: A 17-year old girl living in the US deep South, with an incapacitated mother and two young siblings to care for, attempts to track down her meth-cooking Dad who's put up the family home for bail and is set to miss the court date and therefore render them all homeless.

Wow, what a great performance by the young lead actress. Really bleak and moody film, with some seriously intense moments. Unflinching, sombre and an authentic feel of acceptance at desperation rather than overacted panic. Definately recemmended for those who like their films to feel genuine and 'real'.

Just found this mate:

"Is Jack simply reincarnated by the hotel to undergoe it’s bidding, taking the form of a previous hotel guest who stayed there in 1921 and butchered his family, the hotel re-creating the same events that happened in previous years for generation after generation?

That’s probably the theory that I have stuck closely to over the years during the many times I’ve seen the film, supported quite logically I always thought on the ever so creepy bathroom scene, possibly the best dialogue scene Kubrick ever shot, where we find out that Jack has “always been the caretaker” and that the butler Delbert Grady has “always been the butler”.

what i could never understand is: she locks him in the freezer room. How does he get out? Does the 'ghost' let him out? If so does that mean he's not a ghost after all?

Just found this mate:

Cheers mate. Much watch it again.