By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

2022/2023 season

growler

49 minutes ago, Roscoe said:

At least city are taking a while to adjust to Haaland though

Pep going mental when they were 5/6 nil up. Like anyone believes him. They are in cheat mode with Haaland. He’s annoyingly proficient but it’s all very dull. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Romario said:

Pep going mental when they were 5/6 nil up. Like anyone believes him. They are in cheat mode with Haaland. He’s annoyingly proficient but it’s all very dull. 

like i thought,  he's scoring all those tap-ins Sterling scored/missed before

41 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

It feels and looks like a lot of our players have basically been run into the ground - which, of course they have.

Our running stats in the first few games showed they are knackered or Klopp wants them to run less but his comments suggest he wants them to run more. Looks like we messed up pre season.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12679782/jurgen-klopps-liverpool-still-without-a-win-after-manchester-united-defeat-what-is-going-wrong-this-season

1 minute ago, PaulMcC186 said:

Our running stats in the first few games showed they are knackered or Klopp wants them to run less but his comments suggest he wants them to run more. Looks like we messed up pre season.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12679782/jurgen-klopps-liverpool-still-without-a-win-after-manchester-united-defeat-what-is-going-wrong-this-season

Yeah, not having a deep enough squad, or should that be reliable squad over the last few seasons has meant the same players have been relied upon to play a full suite of games. Getting far in champions league runs and domestic cups as well as pushing right until the last game in the PL has been a grind on our best players and it finally looks like we are seeing the consequences. 

No replacement for Gini last summer didn't help one bit. He was a regular starter and could do the running that others couldn't. We lost that player and expected others to do what he did. 

19 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

What do those stats show now after 2 wins? They were working hard last night and Saturday.

• Upvote 1

Just now, muleskinner said:

What do those stats show now after 2 wins? They were working hard last night and Saturday.

I can't find any stats for running in the last 2 games. I assume people with access to Opta or other stats companies might be the only ones who can get high intensity running stats. I seen this, though. 

4 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

I can't find any stats for running in the last 2 games. I assume people with access to Opta or other stats companies might be the only ones who can get high intensity running stats. I seen this, though. 

Got stronger as the game went on, it was obvious. Newcastle gave it everything first half hour.

11 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

Aye, we were better 2nd half than 1st half but still s***e. 

Nah, we played well last 30 minutes and fully deserved the win 

Henderson is the main problem currently,  the form of TAA and Robbo aren't helping, the subs worked well last night

21 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

Isn't expected that they'll have more tackles, clearances and interception considering they were defending for most of the game? 

1 minute ago, Hassony said:

Isn't expected that they'll have more tackles, clearances and interception considering they were defending for most of the game? 

I don't think winning more duels is linked to who has the ball more.

4 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Nah, we played well last 30 minutes and fully deserved the win 

Henderson is the main problem currently,  the form of TAA and Robbo aren't helping, the subs worked well last night

I think Fabinho is as big a problem as anyone playing at the minute. He's far too safe with his passing and looks slow as f***. The biggest problems is Thiago being out, and in the first 3 games being outworked by the opposition.

Just now, PaulMcC186 said:

I don't think winning more duels is linked to who has the ball more.

I think Fabinho is as big a problem as anyone playing at the minute. He's far too safe with his passing and looks slow as f***. The biggest problems is Thiago being out, and in the first 3 games being outworked by the opposition.

Thought Fabhino was OK yesterday,  difficult when he's the only midfielder defending yesterday,  play him next to Thiago instead of Henderson and he'll be totally fine 

Just now, Hassony said:

Thought Fabhino was OK yesterday,  difficult when he's the only midfielder defending yesterday,  play him next to Thiago instead of Henderson and he'll be totally fine 

He wasn't at the end of last season with Thiago playing and has carried that form into this season.

He made 0 interceptions and won 1 tackle yesterday. 

10 hours ago, sammy & a said:

People just talk s*** don’t they.

I don't mind people looking for reasons why the league might not just end up being a cake walk and stylistically he is quite a shift from anyone they've accommodated before so there was at least a grain of hope there.

Still might be - I'm not sure as a team they are scoring more goals than usual are they? Just a crazy amount being scored by one lad. Hopefully his knee explodes or something.

Plus he/they are ugly, evil, Ivan Drago baddie c**** so, yer know, f*** them. 

Edited by kop205