By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

3 minutes ago, Ibby said:

Tested positive today. Thought it was a sore throat and sinuses infection but got suspicious when feeling dizzy and sleeping for hours on end. 2nd time I've had it and feel 100 times worse than the first

Ahh man bad luck. 

Hope you shake it off soon 

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Ibby said:

Tested positive today. Thought it was a sore throat and sinuses infection but got suspicious when feeling dizzy and sleeping for hours on end. 2nd time I've had it and feel 100 times worse than the first

Still loads of it about - hope you're feeling better soon

• Love 1

I got it for the second time in early march - went from feeling normal to a case of bad shivering and feeling quite ill in about 4 hours, one bad night later and I had a cough for about 3 days, after that I felt as right as rain.

Another booster coming. 

There are still about 8,000 people in hospital with Covid, according to the latest data, and the NHS has now treated more than 1 million Covid inpatients since the pandemic began.

after 37 years at royal mail i was medically retired yesterday. managed to hang in there long enough to get a payout, luckily just before there scrap it too. now hopefully i can take the rest of the year off and try to get my health in a better place without the stress of work always hanging over me. i will not miss the place one bit. ceremoniously canceled my 5.20 alarm with a glass of prosecco last night. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Upvote 16

56 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Anybody else getting a bit of cognitive dissonance with the fact that lammyrider has been working at Royal Mail for 37 years and yet in my head everyone on this forum is in their early to mid 30’s?

😂

Be surprised if more than 10 of the active posters are under 40 

Glad to see it’s all sorted with those t***s now @lammyrider - best of luck with the recovery. By the way I’ve always read your user name as “I Am My Rider” which I’ve just discovered it isn’t when trying to @ you 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pipnasty said:

Anybody else getting a bit of cognitive dissonance with the fact that lammyrider has been working at Royal Mail for 37 years and yet in my head everyone on this forum is in their early to mid 30’s?

I’m 41. I reckon I was born on the last day of humans who prefer forums to twitter 

25 minutes ago, Gethin said:

By the way I’ve always read your user name as “I Am My Rider” which I’ve just discovered it isn’t when trying to @ you 🤦🏻‍♂️

A lot to unpack there…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gethin said:

😂

Be surprised if more than 10 of the active posters are under 40 

Glad to see it’s all sorted with those t***s now @lammyrider - best of luck with the recovery. By the way I’ve always read your user name as “I Am My Rider” which I’ve just discovered it isn’t when trying to @ you 🤦🏻‍♂️

Lambrettas innit 😝 although they sit in the garage broken down rather than being ridden these days. 

I'm 53 and started straight from school, parents both worked there and I wasn't allowed to just be loafing around. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, lammyrider said:

Lambrettas innit 😝

I had no idea what "I am my rider" meant, so this makes way more f***ing sense 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Reckon you're well overdue rescuing one form the garage and repairing it now you're gonna have some time

• Love 1

4 hours ago, pipnasty said:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 33 this year. Though I did join when I was 14...

27 minutes ago, LFCNeil90 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 33 this year. Though I did join when I was 14...

I'm 51. In my cardio rehab gym class I'm the youngest by 22 years. And the oldest two are 93. They all refer to me as 'the lad'. 

I'll take that. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Gethin said:

I had no idea what "I am my rider" meant, so this makes way more f***ing sense 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Reckon you're well overdue rescuing one form the garage and repairing it now you're gonna have some time

Got a queue of two VW's to get sorted too. Definitely not felt anything like well enough to get out and work on them recently, so hopefully I can now. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, lammyrider said:

Lambrettas innit 😝 although they sit in the garage broken down rather than being ridden these days. 

I'm 53 and started straight from school, parents both worked there and I wasn't allowed to just be loafing around. 

Two of my mates do that scooter lark. One is 68 the other 71, Harrington jackets and loafers obligatory at their Sunday morning meet ups. Good innit?

Something I've done since I was a kid, i try and stay clear of a lot of the scooter related events as there is a lot of flag shaggers into it all. But I do know a lot of decent people through the scene. 

Edited by lammyrider

On 07/04/2023 at 21:05, LFCNeil90 said:

None of this makes me feel better.

On 08/04/2023 at 04:35, Duncan Disorderly said:

I'm coming 55 this month. Jammy bugger is getting to retire.

Haha. Did you try @tting him as that?

On 01/04/2023 at 07:09, Tosh said:

Another booster coming. 

There are still about 8,000 people in hospital with Covid, according to the latest data, and the NHS has now treated more than 1 million Covid inpatients since the pandemic began.

We saw one of those covid map things last week for the first time in ages and it was telling us that 5 people had died around here in the previous seven days. A bit shocking but I guess not all that surprising when you think about it. It's just normalised now. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've managed to avoid catching Covid altogether up until now and then Sunday evening I had a head cold; Monday evening I was aching all over; Tuesday morning, tested positive. And me and the missus are going away for the weekend on Friday to a little AirB&B place in Suffolk. Fantastic timing. 

2 hours ago, charlie clown said:

I've managed to avoid catching Covid altogether up until now and then Sunday evening I had a head cold; Monday evening I was aching all over; Tuesday morning, tested positive. And me and the missus are going away for the weekend on Friday to a little AirB&B place in Suffolk. Fantastic timing. 

Hope you are ok

10 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Just reading the first few pages of this thread. Scary times. 

Yeah - f***ing awful.