By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

2019/2020

psl

Bruce saying he wants six weeks preparation and for games to come back at the end of June.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52696822

Not sure they'll get that, but who knows. His comment about Danny Rose made me chuckle for some reason.

Hold my hands up - I think Steve Bruce seems quite sound these days. He really annoyed me when Rafa was here - the beachball thing etc - but he always seems like one of the good guys now. 

I reserve the right to change my mind in an instance on this.

3 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

If a team need six weeks to get their players fit then they've not been doing the right things for the last 2 months.

Yeah, I don't think they've a leg to stand on with it. Loads of football people keep referencing the #unprecedented times we are in but don't want to compromise.

IT'S A PANDEMIC LADS.

33 minutes ago, psl said:

I see Harry Kane has now said we deserve the title having previously said it should be voided.

I'm uncomfortable agreeing with Harry Kane over anything. Am currently having a long look at my thoughts on this 

Funny how loads of them only started saying this when it was clear we'd get the title no matter what happened.

The c**** were nearly falling over themselves to void when they thought it was an easy way out of a s*** season.

Then again, someone probably told Kane all his goals would be taken away from him if it was voided.

Edited by Swipe

1 hour ago, Hightown Phil said:

If a team need six weeks to get their players fit then they've not been doing the right things for the last 2 months.

Tbf it would be a struggle to get Bruce's head to fit into a zoom call

1 minute ago, psl said:

It is quite surprising how many of the football press don't want football to return.

It is. I wonder what's driving it. Some will be genuine thoughts that it's too soon. Some will be weird 'football at a time like this???' guff (whilst they're writing about football', but a lot of it is just weird. Maybe just click-baiting.

Most of the ones you'd half-respect all seem to want it back though. Although I could do without reading the sentence 'when it's safe to do so' ever again.

30 minutes ago, Swipe said:

It is. I wonder what's driving it. Some will be genuine thoughts that it's too soon. Some will be weird 'football at a time like this???' guff (whilst they're writing about football', but a lot of it is just weird. Maybe just click-baiting.

Most of the ones you'd half-respect all seem to want it back though. Although I could do without reading the sentence 'when it's safe to do so' ever again.

The ones that are so concerned should just stop writing about football. 

• Like 1

As ever loads are just being contrary. And some are just bellends who support clubs who’ve been s***e and that’s their priority. 

It’s a perfect storm for a lot of these football writers. 

Everton are refunding supporters for the remaining games as they’re gonna be BCD.

Losers on the pitch, winners off it.

Getting loads of clicks for their articles about why it shouldn't return though aren't I? I'm as guilty as anyone for that, as much as anything 'cos it is quite funnt to see who they've wheeled out now.

Who was the lad who used to do the transfer rumour round-up? GWIstooshort?

Get him back to do a round-up of all of the 'Football can't return' stuff so they only get one click out of us:

Steve Bruce says footabll should only come back once he can eat his kebab in the shop (Northern Echo)

Jason Manford - "Sorry Liverpool, but Covid-19 means no Number 19" (Manchester Evening News)

Ray Winstone - "I'm renowned for playing fighters but restarting the season is a battle too far" (The Metro)

Wayne Rooney on why the volatile R number means calling quits on the season (Derby Telegraph)

Paul Burrell - "Restarting the season will be like losing Diana all over again" (Daily Express)

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

Joseph Merrick - “I worked in a freak show for years, but I’m telling you, I’ve seen nothing as horrifying as the crassness of Project Restart.” (Leicester Oracle) 

Edited by Swipe
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Interesting bit there about successfully appeasing Watford and Chelsea - fourth from bottom and fourth from top - as those two clubs have the most ‘to lose’ if the season continues. That is, they could lose f***ing games and drop a position.

Coincidentally, both clubs have had players - Deeney and William - speak out about not feeling safe.

f***ing c****. The brass f***ing neck.