By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Bruce Grobbelaar interview

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

if its a choice between believing Brucie, or the S*n Newspaper, i know who i believe. and its not that f***ing rag

That’s a load of b******s though isn’t it. We aren’t supposed to be just taking someone’s word for it; he was on tape. Just because it was some c*** from that rag that set it up it doesn’t diminish from what he was caught saying. Ultimately he lost out on 500k because it was felt he’d acted so appallingly that he no longer had a reputation good enough to besmirch.

if its a choice between believing Brucie, or the S*n Newspaper, i know who i believe. and its not that f***ing rag

Whilst I obviously agree with the sentiment, the notion that Grobbelaar was "just going along" with the Sun's undercover reporter to "find out what was going on" strikes me as clearly nonsense - he was caught on video, so he had to explain his comments/actions somehow.

About as credible as the funds going into Hans Seger's account being from a car ringing scam in the Netherlands. Yeah, ok.

He's tainted for me.

*Quotation marks are my recollection of what was said at the time.

All true, but it's still The S*n so can still f*** off.

If that is also just a convenient way for me of avoiding contemplating that someobdy who was yards away as people who had come to watch us win stuff died could deliberately conspire to lose games, then I think I'm probably ok with that cos the alternative is horrendous.

Irrespective of the sun stuff, every time I hear grobellaar speak he comes out with huge porkies. I reckon he’s a fantasist. Like the liar in your school year who has a tough home life, brought up by their nan and so on.

Yeah, our one of them had a nan with a telly that could fast forward.

Irrespective of the sun stuff, every time I hear grobellaar speak he comes out with huge porkies. I reckon he’s a fantasist. Like the liar in your school year who has a tough home life, brought up by their nan and so on.

Grobbelaar = Fyds

All true, but it's still The S*n so can still f*** off.

If that is also just a convenient way for me of avoiding contemplating that someobdy who was yards away as people who had come to watch us win stuff died could deliberately conspire to lose games, then I think I'm probably ok with that cos the alternative is horrendous.

There is the strong possibility that he took the money on the understanding that he would help us lose games, but never actually did that or intended to do it. I mean, that is bad enough, but not as bad as making good on the promise.

Ours had ten snakes and his dad was a human shield for Saddam Hussein during the Gulf War

Our one said he was at the recording of nirvana unplugged in New York and that the Chester cathedral bell tower didn’t have any bells in it, that it was just a big amp. Day to day lies, looking at objects and making up stories about them.