Sign in to follow this  
drdooom

Welcome Dejan Lovren

Some of these claims about Lovren were made last summer after we signed Sakho.

What's important is that the fullbacks are more defensively aware, the keeper more vocal, the centre halves on the same page. Lovren's quality but let's not have a w*** about this defence just yet.

Edited by Earl Hafler

Some of these claims about Lovren were made last summer after we signed Sakho.

What's important is that the fullbacks are more defensively aware, the keeper more vocal, the centre halves on the same page. Lovren's quality but let's not have a w*** about this defence just yet.

No kidding guys, NO POSITIVITY.

Looking at his highlight reel from the game it's clear he is a class act and definitely has the leadership qualities Brendan is looking for. Everything seemed to go through him when playing out from the back and his range of passing was impressive.

Dejan Lovren vs Borussia Dortmund (Liverpool Debu…: http://youtu.be/HgCTZdnzkAc

There was a lot of shouting when we were defending the Kop end when Dortmund had corners or free kicks from wide positions, was that Lovren doing the shouting or someone else? They could be heard loudly in the Anfield Road end lol!

Looking at his highlight reel from the game it's clear he is a class act and definitely has the leadership qualities Brendan is looking for. Everything seemed to go through him when playing out from the back and his range of passing was impressive.

Dejan Lovren vs Borussia Dortmund (Liverpool Debu…: http://youtu.be/HgCTZdnzkAc

That ball to Manquillo was quality.

There was a lot of shouting when we were defending the Kop end when Dortmund had corners or free kicks from wide positions, was that Lovren doing the shouting or someone else? They could be heard loudly in the Anfield Road end lol!

I thought it was Mignolet.

I thought it was Mignolet.

Yeah was migs...heard that our coaching staff were not that impressed with him last season and were suprised at how quiet he was....he also lacked organization of the defence in front of him which any top keeper has to do

With his left as well. Clearly two-footed player and comfortable on the ball. Think he will be boss here. Future captain.

He's clearly very comfortable with both, thought skrtel looked much better beside him aswell. Early days I know but yesterday was certainly promising.

Edited by domlfc

He's clearly very comfortable with both, thought skrtel looked much better beside him aswell. Early days I know but yesterday was certainly promising.

Can being in there with Gerrard against that type of team / formation certainly helped.

Was an ideal prep game.

"I just can't stop Lovren you,

I just can't stop Lovren you,

And if I stop, then tell me just what will I do,

Cause I just can't stop Lovren you."

-Michael Jackson

Been very impressed with him. Looks class.

Got beaten in the air a few times but ultimately looked good

That Pelle must be 6 ft 7 like.

The only worry was their first (i think) corner. Lovren marked the penalty spot but the ball was played in behind him; immediately de-Hyypiaing him. As he scrambled back and Mignolet panicked forwards it looked a mess. But overall very good (as was Skrtel to be fair).