By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coping with PMT

downunder

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had total and utter belief we'll win it for ages. I think I'll have some sort of mental breakdown if we don't win it from here, because I've believed for so long now that it's our destiny to do so. Don't get me wrong I'm nervous towards the end of the tight games, but I can't see any other outcome and I've felt this way since about Fulham; if it goes wrong then someone has f*cked about with the cosmos. It'd be wrong in every way.

Edited by Leo No.8

I was made to watch Fever Pitch a while ago. At the end, during 'that' game when he's moaning about not thinking he'll be able to carry on after this or to pick himself up after getting that close. That's the future I fear. But if we beat Chelsea...

I'm loving every single minute of it. It's an absolute f***ing pleasure.

f*** off Purslow

Yeah me too. The only problem really is real life. It just keeps getting in the way. I need to be put away for a month, into a retreat which is part Shaolin temple, part big pub with loads of HD TV screens.

I'm at f***ing Disneyland. It's an appallingly awful place. Would rather be back at work.

Eurodisney ? It's f***ing great. Are you mad ?

We don't do things the easy way - it doesn't appear to be in our nature.

So the one thing that I am confident of is a major slip/disappointment before May 11th. Just enough to convince us all that it's all gone t*ts-up ... before we then pull it out of the fire and scrape home.

I'd love us to beat Chelsea and then see City drop points so that all we have to do is pick up a couple of points from the last two games ... but that would be too easy.

If we beat Chelsea how many more points do we need out of the remaining games?

If we win on Sunday, we'll be on 83 points with 2 to play.

Chelsea can get 81 max so they'll be out of it.

City can get 86 points.

So the one thing that I am confident of is a major slip/disappointment before May 11th. Just enough to convince us all that it's all gone t*ts-up ... before we then pull it out of the fire and scrape home.

I'd love us to beat Chelsea and then see City drop points so that all we have to do is pick up a couple of points from the last two games ... but that would be too easy.

Feels like it doesn't it? 0-2 after 20 on the final day etc.

Or maybe we just beat Chelsea, City draw with Palace and Everton. Thanks a million.

In reality I expect City to beat Palace.

If we beat Chelsea how many more points do we need out of the remaining games?

4 maximum. It hasn't changed since Monday night! :-)

Long weekend here in Aus, so I am now off work and have nothing to do except think of the game.

In the car I keep playing the Kop Choir. Everything I do is about LFC at present!

So four points or three if we improve goal difference by four more than they do.

Or.. what happens if both teams are equal on points and goal difference, is it goals scored?

Yep.

I think this is what I fear the most - the bit between thinking we've blown it but still hoping we might just resurrect it. I don't think I could handle that.

I think this is what I fear the most - the bit between thinking we've blown it but still hoping we might just resurrect it. I don't think I could handle that.

That s when the nerves will kick in for me. At the moment, I am just loving it - this is as good as it gets and its been years since its been like this.

The inevitable stumble is when the tears will start!!

Going off at a tangent, in Spain it's different, do you know what they do? A team with a worse GD was above the team with a better one.

They look at the head to head matches between the teams involved.

I really don't think I can cope with a stumble - Still having nightmares from Ming, Skrtel and Sakho passing the ball along our back line at Norwich - think I took 3 breaths of air that whole match

Sunday was funny.

The first twenty minutes was men versus boys, we absolutely played them off the park.

It was just the next 70 that was torture!!