By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coping with PMT

downunder

I was 21 in 1990 and was single and my life was all about Friday night drinks and going to football.

This is my first title challenge being married and with a son, he is as excited as me. But he isn't nervous, he keeps telling me it's been a great season whatever happens.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 30. I had the 1989-90 kit as a kid and the video which I played nearly to death. But I have no actual memories of that league win. I've been waiting pretty much my whole life for this. It's both excruciating and amazing. My gf is getting surprisingly into the run in as well and wants to be there if/when we get over the line. But thinking about all the varying contingencies is doing my head. I agree with others: all other games somehow become about us and how they'll hurt City etc. I trawl newspaper websites and this forum constantly as if somehow something new might happen. It's exhausting.

All through my childhood, we were winning titles. From chasing round with a ball when i was 3 in a plain red shirt and shorts, to nipping outside at halftime to kick the ball about on the lane and garden, attempting to replicate the goals we'd just scored ( or those we needed to score to win 7-0 ), smashing the outhouse windows consistently enough for my dad to install Perspex...

08/09 felt possible but the Mancs were always there. This year that was never the case, nor looking likely to be, and both Chelsea and City have tried to head us in recent weeks...but failed.

If this were a 6 game run and we were 2 points clear you might expect more nerves. But this run is phenomenal and loan players at opposition clubs are scoring against our rivals, also suffering injuries to key players at a crucial point in the season.

Listening to Mourinho all week will only spoil the fun.

Edited by Earl Hafler

This run of wins has coincided with me undergoing some very intensive therapy (Had a major depressive episode two years ago and have severe depression and bpd) The emotion focused therapy has been a revelation and not dissimilar Dr Steve Peters approach part of it is being mindful - much deeper and more effective than the guff who see peddled about in some papers or online - but I admit I've struggled with this for the first time in the past few weeks as my thoughts also drift to Liverpool and league table permutations. Some of the key symptoms of bpd are extreme anxiety, disproportionate emotions and catastrophising (thinking the worst is going to happen) and this run again has tested each of these to the limit. Throw in a decision to give up booze two years ago and I can't even relax artificially. I've spent the last two therpary sessions only talking about Liverpool and this run and the title and how to deal with it. Obviously the key is to enjoy the matches, savour the win and move on with your life until the next one but I have failed thoroughly at that in the last few weeks.

Thankfully my wife has been very understanding in knowing that I need to watch every match and usually alone and in peace and has not even complained when I've decided to come over the matches as I will do again for Newcastle and possible Palace.

I think I will only begin really enjoying it if we win on Sunday and even then I'll have a nagging doubt of what if we feck it up from here.

When I look at it from our perspective - Chelsea (H), Palace (A) both tough games, we could slip up & City can be in on us - it seems like a mountain.

When I look at if from City's perspective - we can afford a draw, they have no margin for error - it seems like we can't fail.

as Stevie H says, it's marvelous; the fear of failing is what makes the joy of succeeding so immense.

And even though we didn't cross the line in 09, I still look back on it with more good memories than bad

When I look at it from our perspective - Chelsea (H), Palace (A) both tough games, we could slip up & City can be in on us - it seems like a mountain.

When I look at if from City's perspective - we can afford a draw, they have no margin for error - it seems like we can't fail.

as Stevie H says, it's marvelous; the fear of failing is what makes the joy of succeeding so immense.

And even though we didn't cross the line in 09, I still look back on it with more good memories than bad

Not just you this Macca but, city play palace away also, so, why is their game less tough than ours?

I have seen this panic a lot

Not just you this Macca but, city play palace away also, so, why is their game less tough than ours?

I have seen this panic a lot

He is agreeing with you isn't he? Basically saying that each set of fans will see the worst in their own circumstances.

Edited by psl