By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Jordan Henderson

Conrad

23 minutes ago, DecidedByPoll said:

It would be interesting to assess how many 32 yr old central midfielders are playing regularly for teams winning titles these days. 

milner played 20+ games the last 2 seasons

fernandinho was one of city's top players well into his 30's

vidal & peresic played 20+ at inter

If there’s a “real possibility” he leaves this summer then that means the club are okay with selling him, or at least prepared to, and that would be the story here, not the fact they haven’t yet agreed on a new deal.

FSG are fairly rubbish but the anger on twitter about what seems to be to be a fairly obviously planted story is weird.  

1 hour ago, Hassony said:

Losing Hendo and Gini in one summer is worrying, but if we replace them with Teileman, Bissouma and Saul, we would have done well 

Almost impossibly well under fsg ownership  given those 3 would be 130-140m!! 

1 hour ago, Hassony said:

Losing Hendo and Gini in one summer is worrying, but if we replace them with Teileman, Bissouma and Saul, we would have done well 

Almost impossibly well under fsg ownership  given those 3 would be 130-140m!! 

It could be the club, and maybe Klopp, has serious concerns about Henderson's fitness. He does seem to be missing more & more games per season and maybe 50+ games is way beyond him now. We've said similar on here. 

Maybe, just maybe, the club is timing it just right. 

(I mean, it's unlikely but you never know) 

2 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

It’s a similar pattern though in that the predominant issue seemed to be that the club weren’t prioritising what he wanted when he wanted.

That c*** was on sabbatical!

Just now, Cobs said:

That c*** was on sabbatical!

Or was that Owen’s agent?

1 minute ago, Swipe said:

exactly the sort of signing they should be looking to make

another reason why we should be keeping him

I can't imagine he wants to move, neither can i see us upping his wages significantly due to his age. Hope a compromise can be reached.

Yeah he'd be perfect for Arsenal tbf.

There's too much too quickly on all this. Clearly agent stuff imo.

Even if there continued to be an issue with his contract, don't know why he'd want to leave. Surely he'd just stay and leave on a free in a few years. Unless he felt slighted. Or we'd rather cash in than have him.

Who knows with the former, but be stunned if the latter was the case.

3 minutes ago, Bogman said:

It's the last player I'd have thought we'd be discussing potentially leaving this window.

Yeah it's quite the curve ball. 

Thankfully we have the excitement of being linked with Jarrod Bowen to take the edge off this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Yeah cause he ain't going anywhere

We couldn't reach agreement with Gini who is younger and played loads more games. Far from inconceivable that we aren't willing to give Hendo what he wants. Then it comes down to whether he wants the move now to get what he wants elsewhere or indeed if we decide we want to cash on with 2 years left.

My guy feeling is he stays one way or another but it's far from certain.