By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Question

baja the hut

With Roy possibly getting till the end of the year...if he finishes above 7th given the facts that

a. The club was in turmoil re: ownership during the early part of the tenure.

b. He had to get used to his set of players.

All things about the way he handles himself and the press aside. How can we say that he has done a worse job than Benitez did last year?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

good luck Baja !

I am merely asking the obvious question...what is this unknown thing that makes Hodgson worse than Benitez? It seems like an unnatural bias. Shared by me for a long time, until I realised that :

a. we had a bad fixture list for a team in transition at the start of the campaign.

b. we aren't too far down the table and the team seems to be settling?

I am merely asking the obvious question...what is this unknown thing that makes Hodgson worse than Benitez? It seems like an unnatural bias. Shared by me for a long time, until I realised that :

a. we had a bad fixture list for a team in transition at the start of the campaign.

b. we aren't too far down the table and the team seems to be settling?

Roy isnt Rafa. for some of the more simple people on here, this is what it boils down to. someone on here said a while ago, not sure which simpleton, but iirc it was Hassony, said if we won every game for the rest of the season he would still want Roy sacked.

Edited by Gunga Din

Roy isnt Rafa. for some of the more simple people on here, this is what it boils down to. someone on here said a while ago, not sure which simpleton, but iirc it was Hassony, said if Roy won every game for the rest of the season he would still want him sacked.

imho if he wins the rest of the fixtures, i would be firmly on his side...

at the end of the day....results count...

at the end of the season if we are above 7th (which is better than rafa managed with what could have been a stronger squad), he deserves another season.

at the end of the season if we are above 7th (which is better than rafa managed with what could have been a stronger squad), he deserves another season.

if we win every game we'll be champions and win 2 cups. Hassony would still want him sacked, mind

if he finished 4th or better it could be argued for another season. lower than that, no.

if we win every game we'll be champions and win 2 cups. Hassony would still want him sacked, mind

if he finished 4th or better it could be argued for another season. lower than that, no.

but the question is, has he done better than the previous manager? - if better than 7th yes.

also if he can take the team forward. - if better than 7th there is a chance that he can, because he possibly can improve the squad. but why 4th or above and not 7th or above?

but the question is, has he done better than the previous manager? - if better than 7th yes.

also if he can take the team forward. - if better than 7th there is a chance that he can, because he possibly can improve the squad. but why 4th or above and not 7th or above?

If I were going to answer this seriously.. then I'd say it's hard to compare the scenarios. The club is the same , the owners are not. the mood of the players who were wearing red in both seasons is, as a result of things outside whatever manager was in charge is not the same.

Also, the league is very different. it seems that the top clubs have weakened slightly but also (and more so), the weaker and mid table clubs have improved this season.

If I were to call what would be a better performance from a manager then i'd say 5th place would be better than last season. (please no moronic argument that 5th is always better than 7th)... I am taking into account the damage that the previous owners and the rest of the things mentioned above into account.

might I add that he should only keep his job if we are to take a CL place... cause to be fair, we are picking on Rafa's worst season.. if we were to compare Hodgson to Rafa's best then he'd be out the door faster than etc.

Edited by Lanus

With Roy possibly getting till the end of the year...if he finishes above 7th given the facts that

a. The club was in turmoil re: ownership during the early part of the tenure.

b. He had to get used to his set of players.

All things about the way he handles himself and the press aside. How can we say that he has done a worse job than Benitez did last year?

HE HAS DONE A WORSE JOB THAN BENITEZ DID LAST YEAR

Now sure how I managed to say it but I did... so it must be true!

If he wins every game...

He doesn't even dream about that himself. Why the f*ck should we?

If he won the euromillions and gave it out to everyone registered on this board and came round to cook king prawn black pepper and ran the hoover round would you still want him sacked?