By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Sol Campbell abusive chanters

Cobs

seems they're being rounded up

but what do you reckon? - as offensive as it was a life ban seems too much to me

Far too much. Some of the guys in the photos look in their early 20s and I remember being that age and joining in with the Elton John song at Watford... 20 years further down the line I wouldn't bother - too old and it ain't that funny, but not worth a lifetime ban...

this is a joke.

it's obviously in very bad taste but is that chant even racist/homophobic?

Don't even know what they were chanting - apparently it wasn't racist though.

If it wasn't racist then its way over the top banning them for life and sets a precident they'll have to try and follow at grounds all over the country in the months and years to come.

Edited by Leo No.8

Can't we have life bans for people at Anfield who sing 'Who are Yer'?

Seriously, I'd see them banned for life the f*cking shameful Soccer AM loving know nothing tw*ts. Sick of hanging my head in shame every time it starts up.

If I had my way they'd be put to death but I think a life ban is ambitious enough.

Edited by Leo No.8

f*** them.

Don't understand the mentality of going to a match to scream abuse at one player for 90 minutes.

Harsh maybe, but will they be missed?

No

Exactly. They're obviously whoppers as they decided to spend all game signing about a player of another team instead of supporting their own. Probably the same type who sing 'Easah Easah'

Good riddance.

Is there a hierarchy of bigotry now? Is homophobic chanting less offensive than racist chanting?

I'd say yes homophobia is generally seen as more acceptable than racism in our society currently. People are often homophobic on these very forums for example, but you'd never see racism.

Is there a hierarchy of bigotry now? Is homophobic chanting less offensive than racist chanting?

this is where i'm struggling with it. apparently calling campbell gay is worse than calling wenger a paedophile. making hissing noises at white hart lane and singing songs about hillsborough seem to be acceptable but questioning campbell's sanity isn't. am not condoning what's being sung at campbell as it's unacceptable, but there needs to be a bit of consistency involved.

this is where i'm struggling with it. apparently calling campbell gay is worse than calling wenger a paedophile. making hissing noises at white hart lane and singing songs about hillsborough seem to be acceptable but questioning campbell's sanity isn't. am not condoning what's being sung at campbell as it's unacceptable, but there needs to be a bit of consistency involved.

What he said ^