By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Liverpool Linked With Gareth Barry on SSN

ChrisC

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather get Gerrard back in the middle with Masch and spend the £10m towards a Diego type player.

Move our 2nd highest goalscorer deeper to accomodate another attacking player?

Gerrard is absolutely wasted as a defensive midfielder.

Barry will cost less than £10M, with Carson going the other way for over half of it. I'm not his biggest fan but it's as close to a no lose situation as you can get.

Masch and Barry as defensive CM's allows you to go almost all out attack with the other 4 midfielders/strikers.

Move our 2nd highest goalscorer deeper to accomodate another attacking player?

Gerrard is absolutely wasted as a defensive midfielder.

Barry will cost less than £10M, with Carson going the other way for over half of it. I'm not his biggest fan but it's as close to a no lose situation as you can get.

Masch and Barry as defensive CM's allows you to go almost all out attack with the other 4 midfielders/strikers.

I think Gerrard's best role is in the centre of midfield, he's not an Aimar or Ronaldinho type player. He's a Souness rather than a Dalglish.

The Mancs when they were top of their game had Keane and Scholes in the middle, with Scholes in a more advances role, i think Masch and Gerrard could do a similar role. To make the comparison to Valencia, they had Albelda, Baraja and Aimar. Albelda was the defensive midfielder in a holding role, Baraja a box to box midfielder chipping in with goals and Aimar supplied the creativity.

Replace those for Masch and Gerrard and Diego type player and we're rocking.

Guest Snorky
I thought I read O'Neill was chasing Jaaskelainen cos £10mill was too much for Carson?

Maybe Barry is being used as a bargaining tool.

I think it's possible that Finnan, Riise, Crouch, Carson, Alonso and Voronin will move on in the summer.

I also think it's possible that Villa might be the destination for any one of them.

Edited by Gobez

I think it's possible that Finnan, Riise, Crouch, Carson, Alonso and Voronin will move on in the summer.

I also think it's possible that Villa might be the destination for any one of them.

You can't seriously think Alonso would go to Villa?

Alonso is not leaving , he only recently came out stating that he was happy at Liverpool plus Rafa said he was not going , so why do people persist in thinking that he is leaving?

If Barry does come here, its to play left side of midfield and offer cover for centre.

Riise being off loaded

The Mancs when they were top of their game had Keane and Scholes in the middle, with Scholes in a more advances role, i think Masch and Gerrard could do a similar role.

Still I think Kean used to have more attacking potential than Masch has.

He is coming back to us

If we can convince him to stay that would be fantastic, we really need a solid 2nd keeper, We are one bad injury from writing off a whole season. Itanje is not the answer, Dudek was, but was so desperate for 1st team football, he had to go and sit on Madrid's bench.

Alonso is not leaving , he only recently came out stating that he was happy at Liverpool plus Rafa said he was not going , so why do people persist in thinking that he is leaving?

If Barry does come here, its to play left side of midfield and offer cover for centre.

Riise being off loaded

I think thats likely. For around the 10mill mark it's excellent business for an experienced player, a team captain, adaptable; a real Rafa type player.