By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Liverpool Linked With Gareth Barry on SSN

ChrisC

The Mancs when they were top of their game had Keane and Scholes in the middle, with Scholes in a more advances role, i think Masch and Gerrard could do a similar role.

Not on the evidence of what we've seen this season.

I don't really understand why you're so keen to upset the balance of a side which is working so well at the moment.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think:

Alonso Masch

Kuyt Gerrard Babel

Torres

Is good enough to win the league. It's not creative enough and doesn't offer enough up front, partly due to having two holding midfielders. If Alonso leaves i'd like to see Gerrard partner Masch and have someone else in the hole. Just 'upgrading' Kuyt isn't going to do it, IMO.

I dont think:

Alonso Masch

Kuyt Gerrard Babel

Torres

Is good enough to win the league. It's not creative enough and doesn't offer enough up front, partly due to having two holding midfielders. If Alonso leaves i'd like to see Gerrard partner Masch and have someone else in the hole. Just 'upgrading' Kuyt isn't going to do it, IMO.

The bulk of those players have played in that formation in 9 of the last 11 league games. Of the 9, we've won 7, drawn 1 and lost 1 in which we played most of the game 4-4-1.

That team can win the title.

The bulk of those players have played in that formation in 9 of the last 11 league games. Of the 9, we've won 7, drawn 1 and lost 1 in which we played most of the game 4-4-1.

That team can win the title.

4-5-1

Can't agree with you. We have played well but not to the extent one could say it was title material. Eventually teams will work our new system out and you have to take form and injuries into consideration. We are seriously lagging in a decent second striker, a decent winger and decent full backs. I could get by with Arbeloa/Carra and Aurelio / + 1 if we had a decent winger. We need more quality, if our team was good enough we would be higher than 4th.

Can't agree with you. We have played well but not to the extent one could say it was title material. Eventually teams will work our new system out and you have to take form and injuries into consideration. We are seriously lagging in a decent second striker, a decent winger and decent full backs. I could get by with Arbeloa/Carra and Aurelio / + 1 if we had a decent winger. We need more quality, if our team was good enough we would be higher than 4th.

If those 6 players started every game at 100% fitness we could well win the league. The problem is they can't. The squad we have at the moment is not good enough to rotate and the drastic change in our results came about when we started playing a formation that suits our best players and kept those players in the team. Over 9 games it's worked and we've maintained title winning form but to do it over 38 we need another top player to play in any of the 3 beind Torres whilst we're in obvious need of a full back.

Instead of f***ing around with a formula that's been working and moving Gerrard into a midfield 2 for the majority of games, let's learn from what we've done right this season and fine tune it.

4-5-1

We played most of the game at Old Trafford 4-4-1.

If those 6 players started every game at 100% fitness we could well win the league. The problem is they can't. The squad we have at the moment is not good enough to rotate and the drastic change in our results came about when we started playing a formation that suits our best players and kept those players in the team. Over 9 games it's worked and we've maintained title winning form but to do it over 38 we need another top player to play in any of the 3 beind Torres whilst we're in obvious need of a full back.

Instead of f***ing around with a formula that's been working and moving Gerrard into a midfield 2 for the majority of games, let's learn from what we've done right this season and fine tune it.

We played most of the game at Old Trafford 4-4-1.

Lol with the 4-4-1. Lame attempt but lol all the same.

I agree with this post more than the title winning one. Because you basically stated the main point i did. You need a good squad and we lack in quality after the main 11 and to a certain extent within the starting 11.

I also believe we would never play the same system in every game, it would be foolhardy to say the least.

The nucleus of the team is strong, we just need to fine tune certain areas with quality and keep other very good/good players happy at being squad players.

Hi BTW. ;)

Guest Beano's Dad

I think more than one club will want him. My guess is that it will be Spurs that will get him in the end. Playing in the capital and in Europe will enhance his chances of getting the England no.1 shirt. And if it is Spurs the price will be around £10m. Especially if another club wants him.

I think more than one club will want him. My guess is that it will be Spurs that will get him in the end. Playing in the capital and in Europe will enhance his chances of getting the England no.1 shirt. And if it is Spurs the price will be around £10m. Especially if another club wants him.

Barry in goal. :o LOL.

Guest Beano's Dad
Barry in goal. :o LOL.

My bad. I thought we was talking about Carson. Certainly a long thread. Didn't read it all obviously. Just sent you a message BTW.

There is the crux of the matter. First teams don't win the title, good squads do. ;)

Then why did Arsenal have a better league campaign than us?

Arsenal were almost perfect until February. Then the wheels came off completely and they're finishing the season with nothing.

We may have had a 'poorer' league campaign than Arsenal, but we're on course for a third CL final in four years.

What is your absolute obsession with title challenges? What do you deem to be a title challenge? Would you consider leading the league in February but ending up third a challenge?

You don't even know where the two teams have finished in the past three years.

Edited by MFletcher

Have Arsenal won the league without me knowing ? Nope.

But if Wenger had strengthened the squad in January they would have pissed it in my opinion. Which adds strength to my point. Good first teams don't win the title, good squads do.

They didn't win the League so that is a totally moot point.

Trophies aren't given out for 2nd, 3rd or 4th either, or for completing 5,000 passes a game.

Guest Prongsy

That's not definite yet. I'd not be shocked if they lost a game or two yet

That's not definite yet. I'd not be shocked if they lost a game or two yet

To be honest, I would. They've got Derby, Everton and Sunderland.

It'd be nice if they carried on slumping but sadly I don't think it's that likely now, especially after they finally won again at the weekend.