By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

ARSENAL v LIVERPOOL (Premiership 2 of 3)

ynwa.tv

For the first time this season I am actually hoping we rest Torres & Gerrard. We have a big squad for a reason and now is the time to use it. Give Crouchy the 90 mins and play Alonso and Lucas in the middle. Arsenal will have on e eye on Tuesday night and we are more than capable of getting at least a draw.

Reino

Arbo Skrto Hypo Risso

Penno Luco Alonso Babo

Croucho Kuyto

I'd not risk Kuyt being knackered just to avoid playing Voronin.

Reinaldo

Arbeloaldo Skrtelaldo Carraldo Rissaldo

Pennaldo Lucas Leiva Alonsaldo Yossaldo

Crouchinho Voronaldo

Edited by DarkBailo

I'd like to see:

Reina

Arbeloa Sutty Leo Riise

Harrington ©

Pennant Molby (poster or ex-player) Kewell

Crouch Bigal

Apologies to those who haven't been picked but I've chosen those whom I've seen play bar Bigal who deserves a game ahead of The Vog by virtue of hating him so much.

I'd like to see:

Reina

Arbeloa Sutty Leo Riise

Harrington ©

Crouch Bigal

Apologies to those who haven't been picked but I've chosen those whom I've seen play bar Bigal who deserves a game ahead of The Vog by virtue of hating him so much.

Whilst accepting your decsision to omit me from the travelling squad, I'm questioning whether you could not find a spot for Souey (subject of numberous threads below and looking for redemption in th eyes of the fans)? I'd sense a keeness in the man to undertake any, ahem, 'interesting' requests you may make, especially in regard to their players.

I'd like to see:

Reina

Arbeloa Sutty Leo Riise

Harrington ©

Crouch Bigal

Kewell Is injured, Can I play instead (although I am right footed)

Whilst accepting your decsision to omit me from the travelling squad, I'm questioning whether you could not find a spot for Souey (subject of numberous threads below and looking for redemption in th eyes of the fans)? I'd sense a keeness in the man to undertake any, ahem, 'interesting' requests you may make, especially in regard to their players.

Excellent shout and I'd happily drop to the bench to allow such a scenario to take place.

It goes against my wanting us to win everytime we take the field but given the league position with the Mancs on top, I'd be quite happy for a 1-0 loss here - firstly lets Arsenal close the gap on the scum, secondly I cant see us winning unless we play our strongest 11 - for what prize exactly? oh yeah maybe a point in the quest for 4th place and having everyone knackered for Tuesday. Not worth it in my opinion.

So f*** it, play a weakened team - rest Gerrard, Carragher, Torres (Masch is suspended), bring in Risse, Finnan (if anyway fit) play Lucas and Pennant from the start and go with Crouch and Voronin (or El Zhar or Nemeth) from the start and play a high tempo game - assuming Arsenal wont field a reserve side given what Wenger says here....

Arsenal can still win the league

...worst case scenario is we tire out some of their first choice defence in advance of Tuesday. Plus that team is still pretty good defensively and could, just could, get a point.

I seriously dont want to see Torres/Gerrard/Carra on the pitch and am glad that Masch is getting an enforced rest ahead of the second leg. If Arsenal were 4 or 5 points worse off I could see them playing a second string with Tuesday in mind but as their manager still thinks they have a chance they will be going for it with a strong team.

Run them ragged for 60 or 70 minutes and get this out of they way and let the real stuff happen on Tuesday!

Edited by DPD1973

It goes against my wanting us to win everytime we take the field but given the league position with the Mancs on top, I'd be quite happy for a 1-0 loss here - firstly lets Arsenal close the gap on the scum, secondly I cant see us winning unless we play our strongest 11 - for what prize exactly?

Everton still have to play Chelsea and Arsenal, who despite their problems should dispatch them handily. We can afford a loss here and those horrible manc fans will be apoplectic if we field reserves - which would delight me.