Jump to content
I am no longer developing resources for Invision Community Suite ×
The future for YNWA.TV ×
By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Really like this guy - we could end up keeping him. Especially if this is Virgil’s last. Need an elder head for the 3 lads coming up. 

  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, growler said:

Really like this guy - we could end up keeping him. Especially if this is Virgil’s last. Need an elder head for the 3 lads coming up. 

Very early to say but Araujo does look solid - both in style of play and physique! 

€55m is the option fee isn't it? 

Edited by Tommok
Posted
1 hour ago, stressederic said:

I thought they'd said it wasn't mandatory

Transfermarkt, Wiki and LFC History (who are usually pretty reliable) have it as a loan with an option FWIW 

Posted
Just now, Stanley Leisure said:

Our new right back. 

Yeah I guess it's a bit risky to have all of our CB options on the pitch at the same time (whilst Leoni is recovering) but Araujo was solid and actually managed to pass to his own team mates. 

Would be hard to go back to Frimpong now. 

Posted
Just now, Tommok said:

Yeah I guess it's a bit risky to have all of our CB options on the pitch at the same time (whilst Leoni is recovering) but Araujo was solid and actually managed to pass to his own team mates. 

Would be hard to go back to Frimpong now. 

Yeah it is a risk. Gomez could hopefully lighten the load a little. Just important to have someone there that can’t be targeted so successfully. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Yeah I guess it's a bit risky to have all of our CB options on the pitch at the same time (whilst Leoni is recovering) but Araujo was solid and actually managed to pass to his own team mates. 

Would be hard to go back to Frimpong now. 

Yes. Both he and Jacquet looked goosed for the last twenty.
But I guess you'd rather that than the alternative at the moment.

Posted

Him at RB seemed to allow us a bit more tactical flexibility. 

He stayed deeper than a conventional RB - almost giving us 3 at the back with the ball & negating the need for a "6". That allowed MacA and Szobo to focus on doing the more attacking things that they're better at and not have to concentrate on the defensive side as much .

  • Like 3
Posted
1 minute ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Yeah it is a risk. Gomez could hopefully lighten the load a little. Just important to have someone there that can’t be targeted so successfully. 

Oh yeah, I forgot Gomez! 

Sadly, easily done as he's so often not available. 

Don't see it very often these days, but I enjoyed seeing us with a bigger RB today who's not brushed off the ball. That bit isn't Frimpong's fault of course but his woeful passing is. 

Araujo makes some really good last ditch blocks too. 

  • Upvote 1
Posted

As much as anything he's got defensive instincts. That back post clearance first half wouldn't have happened with Frimpong on the pitch and we'd have conceded. Like the look of him.

  • Like 2
Posted
16 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Solid defensively

dont think we’ll get much from him offensively 

With the number of players pulling left anyway, I can imagine a right footed winger in front would cover that side of the pitch when we overload, rather than rely on full back. 

Posted
18 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Solid defensively

dont think we’ll get much from him offensively 

He's our Ben White or Dan Burn.

Posted

I must be on my own on this one as I thought he was just… there. I get that’s an upgrade but I wouldn’t say he did anything and we’ll suffer if he is rb regularly 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ombudsam said:

I must be on my own on this one as I thought he was just… there. I get that’s an upgrade but I wouldn’t say he did anything and we’ll suffer if he is rb regularly 

Basically, him being there allows other players to be more creative. He’s like the anti-Trent 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Basically, him being there allows other players to be more creative. He’s like the anti-Trent 

Happy if that is the case. Whatever works and if I’m on the island then it’s most likely me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...