By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Arsenal vs Liverpool - FA Cup, 7th January @ 4:30pm

ynwa.tv

Crafton’s got a great point about people insisting that you like the FA Cup. It’s true. 

I’ll like it if I want

Anyway, am I missing something. We’ve had a week’s break and then we have this game and then a semi v Fulham and then no game until the rapture or whatever.

What’s all the talk of rotation? Just play the team.

They’ve turned it all into a big club v struggling club thing. If you complain about replays then you’re an elitist who doesn’t care about the little people getting their payday. 

I’m so sick of being hounded about it. 

7 minutes ago, Ombudsam said:

Crafton’s got a great point about people insisting that you like the FA Cup. It’s true. 

I’ll like it if I want

Anyway, am I missing something. We’ve had a week’s break and then we have this game and then a semi v Fulham and then no game until the rapture or whatever.

The game itself is not a problem for me. It’s the subsequent FA Cup games that comes after winning this that becomes problematic. I literally only care about the league. We don’t want to have to pencil in league games at the business end. Every day off is a win when it comes to fatigue. 

Edited by Dominus Maximus

8 minutes ago, Ombudsam said:

I’ll like it if I want

We’ve lost two first teamers for a month now, on top of the injuries we have. And we’re in a title race. I do think Klopp will be thinking of how much the season before last took out of the squad. 

Can’t imagine he won’t make changes. Especially as the game on Wednesday could pretty much put you 90 mins away from a trophy. 

I'm content to play the kids and not worry about the result too much.

We shouldn't be volunteering to risk players that we need to have a chance of winning the league.

Maybe they should alter the FA cup rules to allow 11 substitutes. You would be more likely to see senior players involved at some point over the 90 minutes and everyone gets rest.

11 minutes ago, Swipe said:

They’ve turned it all into a big club v struggling club thing. If you complain about replays then you’re an elitist who doesn’t care about the little people getting their payday. 

I’m so sick of being hounded about it. 

If big teams win, despite everyone not wanting them to then it’s boring. If a little team wins then the big team is hammered for not respecting the cup. People also get further down the line and realise there are s*** teams left in it and it’s w***.

I’m sure it’s none of the biggest issue for any of us but also I can’t be arsed with this weird English psyche. I like it when I like it and don’t when I don’t.

Stick a CL place on it if you’re allowed to and redistribute more money lower down the chain and it will all become less painful.

13 minutes ago, Dominus Maximus said:

The game itself is not a problem for me. It’s the subsequent FA Cup games that comes after winning this that becomes problematic. I literally only care about the league. We don’t want to have to pencil in league games at the business end. Every day off is a win when it comes to fatigue. 

9 minutes ago, Swipe said:

We’ve lost two first teamers for a month now, on top of the injuries we have. And we’re in a title race. I do think Klopp will be thinking of how much the season before last took out of the squad. 

Can’t imagine he won’t make changes. Especially as the game on Wednesday could pretty much put you 90 mins away from a trophy. 

8 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

I'm content to play the kids and not worry about the result too much.

We shouldn't be volunteering to risk players that we need to have a chance of winning the league.

Maybe they should alter the FA cup rules to allow 11 substitutes. You would be more likely to see senior players involved at some point over the 90 minutes and everyone gets rest.

We’ll rotate to the same level we would for a league game. I honestly think it will be fine and we can’t do a domestic treble if we get knocked out.

On 01/01/2024 at 23:12, Gethin said:

Ali

Bradley Quansah Konate Gomez/Beck/McConnell

Gravenberch MacAllister Jones

Elliott Gakpo Nunez

That's what I posted on Page 1 and whilst I don't think Jurgen would make this many changes, it's not "disrespectful" but it would reflect the fact that this is now the 4th most important competition we're currently involved in.

I'd expect 4-5 of those to start against Fulham

18 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Yes it feels a bit madder for some reason.

Yeah defo. Seems to have more - for want of a better word - epic ties. 

Fewer s***bag teams in it from the start too, let’s be honest. 

Edited by Swipe

4 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Yeah defo. Seems to have more - for want of a better word - epic ties. 

Fewer s***bag teams in it from the start too, let’s be honest. 

Yes and night games all the way to the final.

Jesus, I just realised I love the league cup.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Case said:

Don’t start any of the core players we’ll need in League games this month - Ali, Trent, Virg, Jones, Mac A, Elliott, Jota.

Any of the other bums can play.

I’d love to see your team without all them in it 😂

been going to FA Cup games this season since the start of last Sept - really enjoyed the journey of following the local team in it.

But FA Cup 3rd Round day used to be one of may favourite weekends of the footy season - it's deffo lost its lustre in recent years.

I blame Man City.

36 minutes ago, Cobs said:

been going to FA Cup games this season since the start of last Sept - really enjoyed the journey of following the local team in it.

But FA Cup 3rd Round day used to be one of may favourite weekends of the footy season - it's deffo lost its lustre in recent years.

I blame Man City.

still one of the best looking trophies on the market