By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Ryan Gravenberch

Chewie

9 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Can't afford to play him in these league games unless we are leading by some distance 

Doesnt impose himself on the game enough and his shots lack any kind of power 

Games we win? 

1 minute ago, muleskinner said:

Games we win? 

Oh come on. I wasn't gonna comment on this thread tonight, 'cos yeah we won - but you' ve got to admit he was really poor tonight against a poor team. Timid, safe pass every time, slowed down loads of quick breaks by taking too long on it.

He's young, has potential and may well come good - but I don't want to see him starting again this season unless it's an EL tie we're well ahead from the first leg in.

• Upvote 3

I think he was a great buy, lots of talent. But he's not made for games against the lower parts of the league yet is he. All his close technique stuff only brings him in harms way and he seems lost in games like this, timid. 

And it's a pen now for chelsea if anyone cares. 

1 minute ago, muleskinner said:

Good player.

He hasn't shown that on any kind of consistent basis at all since he's been here.

He's young and has loads of time to turn that round - but we've not seen much to get properly excited about yet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Would you start him in any league game between now and the end of the season? 

I’m hoping we see a better player after he’s had a preseason. We’ve done very little wrong in the transfer window so I’m sure he’ll come good. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Gethin said:

He hasn't shown that on any kind of consistent basis at all since he's been here.

He's young and has loads of time to turn that round - but we've not seen much to get properly excited about yet

Totally agree.... Young and might come good, but he doesn't do enough in games at the moment and we can't afford to go into league games with players like that starting 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Romario said:

I’m hoping we see a better player after he’s had a preseason. We’ve done very little wrong in the transfer window so I’m sure he’ll come good. 

Yup - definitely one for future years but for now - assuming people stay fit - we've got better for the starting XI

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Totally agree.... Young and might come good, but he doesn't do enough in games at the moment and we can't afford to go into league games with players like that starting 

For me he’s a filler in second round European games when we are 3 or 4 up for now. We have too many hungry tenacious players ahead of him. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Benzo-13 said:

He’s only back from injury. He’s more raw than the other 3 we bought.

Definitely has potential, and maybe a player that needs games and rhythm... But Jones was very good when he came on, and he'd been out for longer than Grav...  

3 minutes ago, Zoob said:

Definitely has potential, and maybe a player that needs games and rhythm... But Jones was very good when he came on, and he'd been out for longer than Grav...  

Yeah but Curtis plays the game at his own pace. Different type of player.

11 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Yup - definitely one for future years but for now - assuming people stay fit - we've got better for the starting XI

I just don’t think he’s properly fit or conditioned. He tends to beat players easily by gliding past 1 and 2 at a time ( got the skills)  but then always ends up on the ground. He’s clearly talented like Gakpo in that casual way he glides about and 360s around players but then he goes to ground or the ball escapes him. 

3 minutes ago, Dominus Maximus said:

Should consider loaning him out next season. He has potential but he seems so scared to participate in games. 

There is a lot riding on this season for him and us. It can’t be easy. 

12 minutes ago, Zoob said:

Like injuries have different recovery times. Both good players.

3 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Like injuries have different recovery times. Both good players.

Before both their injuries Jones was in elite shape. Grav hadn’t played a proper game in a year before he arrived and it shows. He’s clearly a player and I think we’ll see it next season. Shame it won’t be under Jurgen.