By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

3 hours ago, Begbie said:

Bloody hell Gethin...you asked a question, I've responded several times and you haven't addressed any points, just told me that I'm not constructive, haven't researched the data and now am not genuine. 

You don't actually want to discuss, you want people to agree with you and your amateur hour take. You're taking this as a dig, it's not. You or I are not qualified to give an informed view and are just trying to interpret the data. Conclusions reached this way are no where near enough of a high bar re maki g a decision to jab my kid

I think you actually believe all of that too, Jesus wept 🙄

This is a good example of why it is such a difficult conversation. There's an odd confidence from both sides of the debate that their opinion is right and anything that doesn't fall in line is wrong, so efforts are spent trying to discredit others opinion,  but in a very shouty down way. For me it feels a lot more rational to have doubts given this is new and we're clearly learning more about both the virus and the vaccines.

It will be interesting to see how the kid jabs narrative plays out. Most,  but not all, parents I've spoken to have concerns and would prefer to wait. The JCVI not making a recommendation for jabs will add to this. There are clearly plenty of coherent concerns both for and against.

32 minutes ago, Gethin said:

I think you actually believe all of that too, Jesus wept 🙄

Believe what? It's hard to follow your reasoning now you've regressed to dismissive one liners

I’ve got the jab and so has my wife but my children aged 13 and 11 won’t be getting it anytime soon. I’m the test bunny for them. Children are not affected by covid so shouldn’t need a vaccine that doesn’t have enough data out there on how it affects children.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, quibs said:

I’ve got the jab and so has my wife but my children aged 13 and 11 won’t be getting it anytime soon. I’m the test bunny for them. Children are not affected by covid so shouldn’t need a vaccine that doesn’t have enough data out there on how it affects children.

We've also got to consider non-Covid consequences for children on eg schools shutting again. 

Presumably all these kids not getting jabbed now will in years to come still have a decision to make as COVID-19 is not going to disappear anytime soon, I wonder if all this pontificating is just politicians and committees kicking the can down the road as is their wont.

1 hour ago, D.Boon said:

My youngest spent Thursday at a friend's house who had a "cold". Turns out it wasn't a cold so just had to take her for a PCR test. Would make for a s*** start to the school term.

My kids and I have just tested positive on LFT and just been for a pcr. Standard cold like symptoms of sore throat and a bit bunged up nose. Isolation for 10 days now.

1 hour ago, DPD1973 said:

Presumably all these kids not getting jabbed now will in years to come still have a decision to make as COVID-19 is not going to disappear anytime soon, I wonder if all this pontificating is just politicians and committees kicking the can down the road as is their wont.

As will everyone else.

5 hours ago, quibs said:

I’ve got the jab and so has my wife but my children aged 13 and 11 won’t be getting it anytime soon.

With the 13yo, would you involve them in the decision? Pretty sure I'd have had strong opinions (not sure which way mind) at that age and would have been pretty pissed off had my parents not talked to me about it. I know kids are different - our niece and nephew are a couple of years older than your two, one wants to get get it ASAP and the other doesn't give a monkeys 🙂

2 hours ago, quibs said:

My kids and I have just tested positive on LFT and just been for a pcr. Standard cold like symptoms of sore throat and a bit bunged up nose. Isolation for 10 days now.

As Sammy said, good luck with that. Hope it's not serious 👍🏻

6 hours ago, drdooom said:

Total lockdown might not be feasible in the long run but not having people over when you have a cold seems sensible.

Would agree. To be fair to the parents they had tested the kid the day before as well and that was negative.

May all be irrelevant anyway as just found out a friend we spent all last weekend with who had previously had it but was beyond the quarantine period and had a negative PCR before coming over has since posted a positive.

4 hours ago, quibs said:

Do you only isolate if you get a positive PCR now?

Edited by D.Boon

16 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Do you only isolate if you get a positive PCR now?

You need a confirmation PCR i believe if you test positive on LFT but as our LFT showed positive we’ve started isolation from today for 10 days.

Wife is double jabbed but testing as negative on LFT and she has also come for PCR and doesn’t need to isolate unless tests positive. 

Daughter has only just turned 13 last month and have asked her if she wants the jab and she did say she doesn’t want it yet. Does wear a mask to school etc.

• Like 1

My eldest has COVID. He hasn't been out of the house since we returned from camping on the 23rd of August.

Me and the youngest had, what I thought was man flu, the week after. We done a few of tests each, over the course of the week, and all come back negative.

Struggling to think how he has COVID unless he caught it from us but we tested negative over that period.

He tested positive on Wednesday and hadn't been out of the house for over a week.

The other 3 of us are still negative.

1 hour ago, DazzlaJ said:

My eldest has COVID. He hasn't been out of the house since we returned from camping on the 23rd of August.

Me and the youngest had, what I thought was man flu, the week after. We done a few of tests each, over the course of the week, and all come back negative.

Struggling to think how he has COVID unless he caught it from us but we tested negative over that period.

He tested positive on Wednesday and hadn't been out of the house for over a week.

That's really strange, particularly since you had multiple negative tests. if it was just one, I'd think it was a false negative. Guess there's always the chance that your kid's test was a false positive? 

5 minutes ago, Zoob said:

That's really strange, particularly since you had multiple negative tests. if it was just one, I'd think it was a false negative. Guess there's always the chance that your kid's test was a false positive? 

He's had 4 including a PCR

1 minute ago, DazzlaJ said:

He's had 4 including a PCR

all positive, I tested him again earlier, and the rest of us, which are negative.

Edited by DazzlaJ

7 hours ago, DazzlaJ said:

No, but three of us passing the lateral when he fails it?

The LFTs are absolute s***e, a colleague took 5 in a row before going on a UK holiday with mates as he felt a bit "coldy", got there and lost his sense of smell within hours. All the LFTs were negative, PCR positive.

Good job we're basing our school surveillance programme on the LFTs. 

12 hours ago, DazzlaJ said:

My son has COVID. Had numerous tests negative but then went for the other ‘proper’ test which came back positive. 
I don’t think the tests are that reliable.

My partner had heart failure at new year, and scans have shown likely viral damage to the heart muscle. All of the tests had come back negative but she’d had all the symptoms.

2 hours ago, Falconhoof said:

My son has COVID. Had numerous tests negative but then went for the other ‘proper’ test which came back positive. 
I don’t think the tests are that reliable.

My partner had heart failure at new year, and scans have shown likely viral damage to the heart muscle. All of the tests had come back negative but she’d had all the symptoms.

Jesus, sorry to hear that G. How are they doing now?