Sign in to follow this  
Romario

Sunderland till I die.

The Sam Allardyce of lower divisions

Nah, Sam is a c***, but he's a good manager

Grayson was clueless

Nah, Sam is a c***, but he's a good manager

Grayson was clueless

Just useless wasn't he. Totally uninspiring.

Thought Coleman came across well, can only guess he was too expensive to keep.

New owner is from central Toryville. Interesting mix...

I've got Chris Coleman's autograph from when he was a 17 year old at Swansea and came to our summer soccer school on the last day, all you recent converts to Cookie's charms can see it if you want.

Just useless wasn't he. Totally uninspiring.

Thought Coleman came across well, can only guess he was too expensive to keep.

New owner is from central Toryville. Interesting mix...

Or that he's a fraud who's dining out off beating a poor Belgium side. The rest of his career has been very average.

Or that he's a fraud who's dining out off beating a poor Belgium side. The rest of his career has been very average.

I thought he came across as perfect for where they were right then and what they needed. He was inspiring for the players and all staff at the club. The reaction from staff when he went was very telling. Particularly when compared to Grayson going.

Hope they come back up, proper club.

I think teams like that need periods in LG 1 or Championship so fans can enjoy winning again for a period. Bring some joy back to football.

These clubs getting shat on in the Premier league week in week out and just about surviving relegation each time, changing managers every 6 months... that can't be any fun surely. Go down and win some games ffs.

Could argue that he's never been backed at any club, got Fulham to 9th out of the relegation zone, then all the best players were sold underneath him, was in 5th with Sociedad when he was sacked by a new president, Coventry was a basket case of a club, the Greek side he went to the same.

Every Welsh player is full of praise for him, and very dismissive of the opinion that he's just a motivator.

Edited by cymrococh

A poor Belgium side? Really? That side had Courtois, Alderweireld, De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku, Nainggolan etc. Two of Wales' starting XI were playing second tier football.

Yeah you can't call the Belgian side s*** and blame the manager at the same time as dismissing the manager who beat them with inferior players.

I think teams like that need periods in LG 1 or Championship so fans can enjoy winning again for a period. Bring some joy back to football.

These clubs getting shat on in the Premier league week in week out and just about surviving relegation each time, changing managers every 6 months... that can't be any fun surely. Go down and win some games ffs.

Or as Danny Baker put it at the end of yet another relegation threatened season: “Just go down Millwall & come back up on a flaming chariot”

I thought he came across as perfect for where they were right then and what they needed. He was inspiring for the players and all staff at the club. The reaction from staff when he went was very telling. Particularly when compared to Grayson going.

Yeah, sunderland really enjoyed going down to the championship

What a ridiculous statement

They skipped the 'and win some games' part to be fair. They're probably having more fun now than they did in the championship.

Watched this over the weekend. Brilliant television.

Been listening to a bit of The Lake Poets and they're decent as well. 

Staying with North East football and Netflix, there's a Booby Robson documentary on there which is well worth a watch 

Watched that on a flight not long ago, his treatment by Barcelona was despicable, also didn't appreciate what a record he'd had with so many clubs.

Really came across as a fantastic, humble and respected guy throughout his career. 

Staying with North East football and Netflix, there's a Booby Robson documentary on there which is well worth a watch 

Made a right t** of myself there 

Watched that on a flight not long ago, his treatment by Barcelona was despicable, also didn't appreciate what a record he'd had with so many clubs.

Really came across as a fantastic, humble and respected guy throughout his career. 

Yeah definitely - (proper) Ronaldo spoke so highly of him