Sign in to follow this  
Romario

Sunderland till I die.

Yeah me too. I kept waiting for these Brent like moments & they never really happened. Grayson’s sacking seemed pretty clumsy but the handling of football decisions often are.

Had a truly awful & impossible job (in footballing terms) & looked like he was trying his best - which may well have not been good enough - but he seemed to genuinely care.

Well not really as at least he was doing his job.

Was it not the case that they were freezing Rodwell out so they didn't have to pay his bonuses and to try and force him to leave. If he was refusing to play they could sue him for breach of contract. I understand people being angry at him for picking up 70k a week in The Championship but they signed the contract and were stupid enough to put a delayed relegation clause into it, he's entitled to his money. They could have paid off a chunk of his money to get him to leave or subsidised his wages at his next club, that's what happens with most failed transfers.

Read most of this before I watched most of it and I’m not sure what the Martin Bain issue is that people have. Seemed fairly normal to me.

My opinion of him changed after the first couple or three episodes. Towards the end, it looked like he was simply trying to do his job and maybe wasn't the same chap who drove his Jag while speaking of the great things Sunderland could do that year or had the person who a meeting post swimming in his pool and a cup of fancy espresso by him, while the club was struggling to sign anyone of note.

Read most of this before I watched most of it and I’m not sure what the Martin Bain issue is that people have. Seemed fairly normal to me.

He didn't strike you as a clueless suit raking in a very handsome salary while everything around him was crashing about his ears?

He didn't strike you as a clueless suit raking in a very handsome salary while everything around him was crashing about his ears?

Hmmm, that's sort of what I meant by normal. He came across as someone trying to run an absolute car crash of a football club to me. I was expecting David Brent from what I'd heard here and got something pretty far from that. 

Not to say he's a fella I'd have a lovely time having a pint with or anything like that, just feel that the person I expected to get after reading this wasn't what I got.

I felt very uncomfortable watching him driving his Range Rover in & out while the club was burning & in front of fans probably making 30k a year. Felt like rubbing their noses in it - but that's just my sensibilities

I felt very uncomfortable watching him driving his Range Rover in & out while the club was burning & in front of fans probably making 30k a year. Felt like rubbing their noses in it - but that's just my sensibilities

Isn't that the case at every club just about? There's lads pulling out of Notts Countys ground in Range Rover Velars and they are bottom of League 2.

f***, I did wonder as I was typing it. 

Isn't that the case at every club just about? There's lads pulling out of Notts Countys ground in Range Rover Velars and they are bottom of League 2.

probably is, like I said probably just my sensibilities but I think if I was in his shoes I'd have traded down for a more normal car.

Apparently Larry David once bought a 911 and felt so uncomfortable in it he got rid & went (back) to a Prius

Just started it today, that first keeper was incredibly sh*t.

Don't want to spoil it, but he's probably the best of the lot

Just started it today, that first keeper was incredibly sh*t.

yeah, Was 'talking' to a mate in Sunderland who I used to work with - he confirms all of the keepers they had were astoundingly bad

That one you're on about - Steele - he's backup at Brighton now!! How the f*** he's in the Prem I don't know

Enjoyed seeing coleman and the fan nearly scrap

What a d****ead that fan was.

probably is, like I said probably just my sensibilities but I think if I was in his shoes I'd have traded down for a more normal car.

I'm not buying a Mini Metro I'm not buying a Mini Metro I'm not buying a Mini Metro

no - Mini Metro is a hateful thing

He's 3rd choice there to be fair. The 3rd choice keeper at a Premier League club is there for strikers to take shots at. 

I'll do it for half his wage

Yep, a different £20k watch in almost every scene as well.

Binged this the last few days...

Crazy how it had me so involved in the end. My lad overheard my vocal anguish at some of final results and how s*** didn't go their way..

Great show. I like Coleman.

I was rooting for them by about the 3rd episode despite knowing the outcome, football is weird.

I was rooting for them by about the 3rd episode despite knowing the outcome, football is weird.

Haha, yeah me too