By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Fabinho

Dan

I remember someone tweeting during Fabinho's peak that he is so good that he sometimes deliberately gives the ball away so that he could win it back again.

An excellent player, probably the best in the world at his peak, but it is the right time to sell and the fee is too good to turn down.

Thanks for the memories Fab. YNWA. 

2 hours ago, Zoob said:

Would have been interesting to see him with more mobile players around him again, 

I'm not sure you can afford that with the way we play. Everyone has to press with great intensity or they are a weakness.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Swagger said:

An excellent player, probably the best in the world at his peak, but it is the right time to sell and the fee is too good to turn down.

I wondered about our players seeming to peak early, looking at Henderson and Fabinho being seemingly finished at relatively young ages, while someone like Modric is still flying at 37 or whatever he is.

Is it just Klopp's style that demands so much mobility meaning that older players have a hard time adapting? Would we have dumped Modric when he was 31? (and why did we sign Thiago then?)

3 minutes ago, honourablegeorge said:

it just Klopp's style that demands so much mobility meaning that older players have a hard time adapting? Would we have dumped Modric when he was 31? (and why did we sign Thiago then?

Spanish league, and the fact that he's playing for the top team there, helps as well 

Not sure if he would have lasted as long playing in England for any team 

15 hours ago, PaulMcC186 said:

Really glad he forced a move. Looked Klopp was going to have him starting if Fabinho didn't agree a deal and tell him he wanted to leave. Don't think Lavia will be amazing immediately but he can't be worse than Fabinho was last season.

Fabinho was terrible for a lot of last season but I think he was being asked to cover too much ground with the formation change we had early. When he got help in there from Trent I thought he was decent again. Not too arsed hes going like but I dont want to start the season with only one natural defensive midfielder.

I also think we've got to get better at renewing the team. We did the forward line. Then the midfield. Defence will be next. I think it needs to be more mixed than that

Edited by scoose