By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Loan Watch

Eiler99

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Origi is the only one of our players on loan at a club in the top division in its country to have played more than 25 league games.

He's featured in 28.

Luis Alberto in 15.

Coates in 4.

Ilori in 12.

Aspas in 10.

Wisdom has featured in 23, though I don't think he's started a match since Pulis took over at West Brom in January.

I'm not sure how injuries have affected those numbers, but, bar anything serious, they're hardly impressive.

Origi is obviously coming here, but of the lot we're likely to try and move on, none of them have really done anything to earn themselves a move to anybody that might pay actual money for them.

Maybe we should loan players to teams that are likely to start them, but I suppose the problem there is that clubs of that stature possibly can't afford their wages.

Par for the course though ain't it, if you look at the ones we have brought in too. Someone somewhere is looking at Manquillo's stats possibly and saying the same thing. For every hundred loans there must be about three that do anyone any big favours. Wish we could just opt out of the whole blag tbh.

Origi is the only one of our players on loan at a club in the top division in its country to have played more than 25 league games.

He's featured in 28.

Luis Alberto in 15.

Coates in 4.

Ilori in 12.

Aspas in 10.

Wisdom has featured in 23, though I don't think he's started a match since Pulis took over at West Brom in January.

I'm not sure how injuries have affected those numbers, but, bar anything serious, they're hardly impressive.

Origi is obviously coming here, but of the lot we're likely to try and move on, none of them have really done anything to earn themselves a move to anybody that might pay actual money for them.

Maybe we should loan players to teams that are likely to start them, but I suppose the problem there is that clubs of that stature possibly can't afford their wages.

Ilori was injured for most of the season. Started 5 of the last 6 since returning. Wisdom has been unlucky in that Pulis wants a team of lads over 6'2. I think we might as well write the others off for tax.

• 1 month later...

Think he's been exposed playing in our system as he isn't the quickest or most mobile. Playing at Sunderland he may have a bit more protection and bodies around him so not being as susceptible to being isolated. Maybe he's got a bit more experience and is beginning to read the game here better...? Maybe one to assess in pre-season

Think he's been exposed playing in our system as he isn't the quickest or most mobile. Playing at Sunderland he may have a bit more protection and bodies around him so not being as susceptible to being isolated. Maybe he's got a bit more experience and is beginning to read the game here better...? Maybe one to assess in pre-season

He isn't the quickest but he is composed when it comes to his defending - something you can't really say about Lovren based on what we've seen this year.

if that composure can translate than great. i like him. just not 100% on the style aspect. re: coates obviously.

although i quite liked alberto. he was just another one of these talented spanish kids who was never so good as to justify a certain lack of attitude and application.

Edited by yellow jumper

I for one cannot wait for the return of Luis Alberto (7m) Tiago Ilori (8m) and Iago Aspas (8m)

That's £23m worth of talent that is sure to improve us.

Have you ever seen a s***ter hat-trick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLDRJtp4syM

Even the pen was s***

I thought Alberto had something about him. I'm not sure he has a future here but I see him as slightly different to Aspas who is much older and showed absolutely nothing. God only knows what Ilori is like.

illori's pretty far from a head in where it hurts defender, think he has to work on that. and maybe his strength also. his injury record is also a concern. and he can be prone to ricks. that all makes him sound s***ter than he potentially is though. talent pointless though unless he can string games together.

In other news

Liverpool forward Divock Origi has been named in Ligue 1's worst team of the season by French newspaper LEquipe after his year on loan at Lille.

Well, ain't that swell.