By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Racism today

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

I've been involved in the Transition movement for nearly a decade now and am currently the co-chair of the North West Network. There has always been a big issue with white privilege in the environmental movement and we decided that we wanted to do something about that at our recent online Summit. We've always believed that it is not enough to not be racist, you have to be anti-racist. Throughout the Summit, we have made sure that both black and Asian people have been prominent speakers and what is most pleasing is that we have now started to see many more black and Asian people taking part in these discussions and organising for change. We need to do much more than this though.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, smithdown said:

“I do not believe I would have made such horrible statements absent my sugar spiking,” the statement read.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/mar/12/oklahoma-high-school-basketball-racial-slur?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Of course!  That explains a lot. 

He might have been better off actually picking hypoglycemia in his desperate search for an excuse.

My daughter can be quite out of character when she's hypo but when hyper she's just thirsty, smells of pear drops and needs a wee.

Edited by Redwire

1 hour ago, Redwire said:

He might have been better off actually picking hypoglycemia in his desperate search for an excuse.

My daughter can be quite out of character when she's hypo but when hyper she's just thirsty, smells of pear drops and needs a wee.

Type one diabetic myself and can confirm he’s talking total b******s.

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

She is the Shadow Inequalities Minister.

So what.

must have been hundreds of hilarious exchanges on the doorsteps of Warrington

”hiya here’s a leaflet”

”what does this bit mean here where it says you’ll stop incursions of travellers?”

”genuinely none of us know, it’s a word of some sort, but that’s what we will stop, byeeee”

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sion said:

Have you considered reading more and reacting less quickly though? 

Do you think bizzies should be asking teenage girls how old they are and telling them they’re breaking the law if he can’t see their hair if they’re under 18?  On the street in front of you, like?  That would alright would it?  You’d walk by?

15 minutes ago, smithdown said:

Do you think bizzies should be asking teenage girls how old they are and telling them they’re breaking the law if he can’t see their hair if they’re under 18?  On the street in front of you, like?  That would alright would it?  You’d walk by?

You could take the knee whilst you watch it happen - at least you'd have done your bit then and everyone goes home happy

Edited by pipnasty
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

You could take the knee whilst you watch it happen - at least you'd have your bit then and everyone goes home happy

Could say it’s an unintended consequence, a bad apple perhaps.  No way could such a situation have been envisaged when drafting this perfectly fair and reasoned legislation.

21 minutes ago, Sion said:

Have you considered reading more and reacting less quickly though? 

Haha, like I get we have our own issues in the UK, but he (and his girlfriend/other persona) annoyed me the other day by pretending that they live in this amazing liberal country that is fair to all and that's why they'll never go back to the UK 

Just say 'nobody could have predicted this' with a concerned look on your face and then mutter something about waiting for a full review before making any further comments. Nic Ferrari would be made up with that and that is what really matters

Edited by pipnasty

59 minutes ago, smithdown said:

Apologies to Hassony for outing him on Twitter. 

Edited by Sion
  • Like 2

On 13/03/2021 at 12:16, pipnasty said:

I've been involved in the Transition movement for nearly a decade now and am currently the co-chair of the North West Network. There has always been a big issue with white privilege in the environmental movement and we decided that we wanted to do something about that at our recent online Summit. We've always believed that it is not enough to not be racist, you have to be anti-racist. Throughout the Summit, we have made sure that both black and Asian people have been prominent speakers and what is most pleasing is that we have now started to see many more black and Asian people taking part in these discussions and organising for change. We need to do much more than this though.

is that you introducing the discussion, Pipnasty ?

2 hours ago, Hassony said:

Haha, like I get we have our own issues in the UK, but he (and his girlfriend/other persona) annoyed me the other day by pretending that they live in this amazing liberal country that is fair to all and that's why they'll never go back to the UK 

he is the personification of the type of person Remainer I am always talking about. They have some notion of Europe (a specific type of Europe) being chic and sophisticated and have latched on to the EU like an identity. 

It’s embarrassing and often belies a contempt for the people they say they care about and the ideologies they say they hold dear. “HAHAHAHAHA Sunderland you’re poor now. Serves you right for making wait longer at the airport”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammy & a said:

he is the personification of the type of person Remainer I am always talking about. They have some notion of Europe (a specific type of Europe) being chic and sophisticated and have latched on to the EU like an identity. 

It’s embarrassing and often belies a contempt for the people they say they care about and the ideologies they say they hold dear. “HAHAHAHAHA Sunderland you’re poor now. Serves you right for making wait longer at the airport”

Yep, anyone with an EU flag in their is just as big a nonce as the ones with English/British flags