By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

John Terry and The FA

WillG

"f*** off, f*** off, yeah, yeah, a black c***, f***ing k****ead" i believe is his claim

Having a free 10mins this afternoon, I've had a look at the YouTube footage (over and over) and, imo, he clearly says "Yeah, and others [uvers], you f***** black c***, f****** knob head".

Charge him, give him a hearing and then ban him & fine him.

If his lawyers didn't argue abuse of process, they'd need sacking. Although seemingly they need to send two solicitors plus an observer in to a police interview, so who knows what they're up to.

Not followed it that closely but from what I'vr read, think he'll be acquitted. Anton didn't hear so is essentially giving expert evidence about what he can see on the video, Terry can blame a big mix up, no racist intent, denied from the outset. Then the FA will take no action on the basis he was cleared by the courts, disregarding their lower standard of proof and the view they took with Suarez.

Would love to be wrong though.

If his lawyers didn't argue abuse of process, they'd need sacking. Although seemingly they need to send two solicitors plus an observer in to a police interview, so who knows what they're up to.

Not followed it that closely but from what I'vr read, think he'll be acquitted. Anton didn't hear so is essentially giving expert evidence about what he can see on the video, Terry can blame a big mix up, no racist intent, denied from the outset. Then the FA will take no action on the basis he was cleared by the courts, disregarding their lower standard of proof and the view they took with Suarez.

Where does that leave Anton Ferdinand? Having to issue an apology? Having to shake his hand? Maybe he can seek other recourse because he's quite blatantly being called a liar and a not guilty verdict will endorse that. Be interesting to hear - haha! - from Gordon Taylor on that.

On the basis of?

On the basis of?

Sorry, the abuse of process thing was a piss take which has gone wrong. Murph asked what the FA would do if Terry was nicked, which means arrested. I imagine he meant convicted. Cobs responded by saying that he would need to be charged and given a hearing, which I said would be an abuse as he would have been arrested twice for the same offence... It all ended up being unnecessarily convoluted and I apologise for making a rather poor law joke. Its a bad idea at the best of times... (there is a reason everyone hates us).

As for Anton, if Terry is found not guilty then I don't see that he is automatically being called a liar. Possible surely that Terry thought that he heard Ferdinand say that he had racially abused him but that Terry was actually mistaken(loud ground, players shouting etc). Terry responded to what he thought he heard in a sarcastic, I didn't say that fashion. Anton didn't in fact say anything of the kind, didn't hear what Terry subsequently said and only became aware of what he had said when his girlfiend showed him the clip. Mistakes all round, reasonable doubt and a not guilty verdict.

I'm still a bit unclear whether Terry is saying that he made the comment in a sarcastic fashion or whether he said 'do you think I called you a...' though. Not sure if that has been cleared up as an inconsistency like that could count against him.

Someone giving Terry's police interview to The press and them releasing it?

mid trial

As for this, its quite incredible. No idea how this has happened. It will have been played in open court during the prosecution case so doesn't do much harm, but its just bizarre.

if there's reasonable doubt he'll get off. the question is, what will the fa do then?

will they have there own trial? they could still ban him if they believe ferdinands version of events is likelier. or will they be relieved it's over and let it go?

Imagine having to follow the case only on Sky Sports News. They just keep talking about Terry calling him "black - surrounded by offensive swearwords".

If you press the red button Kirsty Gallacher says 'c*nt' every 30 seconds

i don't think that it's possible to say racist terms sarcastically though is it? in fact can you say any abusive terms sarcastically? it's a weird defence this.

yes

Is JT wearing his shin pads for this?

:lol:

The way all that's phrased just made me laugh out loud.

It's this bit isn't it

My use of these words were intended to make it plain I had not called him a black c***, and that in reality Anton was a knob head for even alleging that I had.

John Terry might be a team mate shagging, general all around scumbag, but he isn't a racist.

I don't know if you're joking or not, but how can you be sure that he isn't racist?

calling someone a black c*** is something that only a racist would say