By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Dani Jarque

According to reports Dani Jarque, the captain of Espanyol, has had a heart attack and died whilst at a Italian training camp. 26 years old.

Why is this just a ticker headline on SSN?

Edited by Sion

It's almost two years since Antonio Puerta died, a year since De La Red collapsed with heart issues. I know three players over two years might not be considered a Hell of a lot in comparison to the number of actual players there are but surely alarm bells must be ringing?

I recall Arbeloa speaking of Puerta's death. He indicated that there is a test that can be carried out that would define if a player is at risk but it is 'invasive' and 'costly'.

Considering that teams are spending 80 million on players, these days, what price is on a player's life?

It's almost two years since Antonio Puerta died, a year since De La Red collapsed with heart issues. I know three players over two years might not be considered a Hell of a lot in comparison to the number of actual players there are but surely alarm bells must be ringing?

I recall Arbeloa speaking of Puerta's death. He indicated that there is a test that can be carried out that would define if a player is at risk but it is 'invasive' and 'costly'.

Considering that teams are spending 80 million on players, these days, what price is on a player's life?

You'd think it would be done as a matter of course. But modern business thinking probably figures if many millions have already been spent, a couple of thousand more is a step too far