By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Still cheesed off we didn't get to Moscow..?

Manchester United and Chelsea fans will be forced to go to Moscow 'gulags'

Last updated at 10:17am on 9th May 2008

Manchester United and Chelsea fans travelling to Moscow for the Champions League final will be sent to special 'gulags' to prevent them from fighting with each other.

Fans will be ferried from the airport to the special holding pens near the stadium, which will have just one entrance, be guarded by armed Moscow police and will not sell alcohol.

They could remain there for up to eight hours. Once inside, fans will be told not to leave if they want to see the game.

The policy will stop many fans from seeing anything of the Russian capital's famous bars and clubs.

They will go from the airport to the holding camps, then to the game, before taking a bus back for their return flight.

Police chief Major Igor Konovalov said: 'It's a normal practice. We use them in our country and the fans call them “settling tanks”. It doesn't matter who comes here — even a bunch of penguins — if our laws are violated we'll take full measures allowed by our law to clamp down. We will not differentiate.'

Russian authorities say they are expecting more than 40,000 fans to travel to Moscow in 300 separate flights.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779

Holy s***, thats crazy. The whole Moscow idea was always a concerning one, the sheer financial outlay if nothing else being prohibitive. I got a bit ahead of myself when I got back from Milan, and looked at flights and hotels for the Final. Flights at that point were near enough 500 pound, even from Ireland, and a hotel room was just not there to be had.

Police chief Major Igor Konovalov said: 'It's a normal practice. We use them in our country and the fans call them “settling tanks”. It doesn't matter who comes here — even a bunch of penguins — if our laws are violated we'll take full measures allowed by our law to clamp down. We will not differentiate.'

:lol::lol:

Edited by Gooner Spy

Manchester United and Chelsea fans travelling to Moscow for the Champions League final will be sent to special 'gulags' to prevent them from fighting with each other.

Fans will be ferried from the airport to the special holding pens near the stadium, which will have just one entrance, be guarded by armed Moscow police and will not sell alcohol.

how do they stop them fighting with each other once inside these pens?

how do they stop them fighting with each other once inside these pens?

presume they are in different 'pens'

Stuff like this always presumes everyone comes in on official flights with badges on saying who they support

I was getting the train from Riga

Stuff like this always presumes everyone comes in on official flights with badges on saying who they support

I was getting the train from Riga

I dont think the minor issue of team support would stop the Chavs kicking off with eachother if penned in for 8 hours!

Exactly

Flight from Heathrow - everyone with London accents = must be all Chelsea :oops:

Manchester United and Chelsea fans will be forced to go to Moscow 'gulags'

Last updated at 10:17am on 9th May 2008

They could remain there for up to eight hours. Once inside, fans will be told not to leave if they want to see the game.

The policy will stop many fans from seeing anything of the Russian capital's famous bars and clubs.

They will go from the airport to the holding camps, then to the game, before taking a bus back for their return flight.

Russian authorities say they are expecting more than 40,000 fans to travel to Moscow in 300 separate flights.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779

Won't stop them from hurling Prawn Cocktails and plastic flags at each other.

I always had mixed feelings about it being in Moscow - especially if the Mancs got there. There is no such thing as being happy to miss out on a European Cup final, but if there was - this is it. Let's just say not as disappointed as I would have been had been held almost anywhere else.

Half the chavs and Mancs will think it is some sort of ultimate fighting challenge ;)

Radio 5 is going to fun "they rounded us up and put us in cages and treated us like animals"

Can wait for the Friday phone in "Do you thing they should have been caged" - funnily enough a lot of yes votes have come from Merseyside.