By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Grown men crying at matches

Guest 70400
Relegation, lost cup final, lost league.....surely its never acceptable man-ness to be caught on camera in a football ground in tears?

Or am I emotionally crippled?

Tell that to Cesc who cries everytime he scores, the big blouse.

Remember the fella who was crying in Istanbul, turned round and thought "f*** it, I'm gonna take my shirt off, swing it over my head and not give a f*** about what anyone thinks about me". That was class

Remember the fella who was crying in Istanbul, turned round and thought "f*** it, I'm gonna take my shirt off, swing it over my head and not give a f*** about what anyone thinks about me". That was class

:lol: Well it was something to do with Liverpool so yes, it must of been "Class"

Not sure if that little kid was crying at reading yesterday because they were relegated, he had fallen over or his dad was pinching his leg so he would get on the camera`s.

I love watching grown men cry when they support other teams. If it was us that had lost I would have turned off or walked away. ;)

:lol: Well it was something to do with Liverpool so yes, it must of been "Class"

Not sure if that little kid was crying at reading yesterday because they were relegated, he had fallen over or his dad was pinching his leg so he would get on the camera`s.

I love watching grown men cry when they support other teams. If it was us that had lost I would have turned off or walked away. ;)

:rolleyes:

i know yeah, imagine that.. one of the most emotional times in football for our club and one of our fans thinks another of ours fans' expressions of pure joy was 'class'.. you couldn't make it up could ya?..

you're a beaut.. tears in my eyes typing that..

I shed a few tears at Istanbul, have absolutely no problem in admitting that. The whole day and game was that fraught that a lot of those stood where we were were a bit misty eyed at the end and why not? It's not every day you win your first European Cup in twenty years in circumstances never likely to be seen again.

It's easy to point and laugh at those fans who get visibly upset when their team is relegated but how the f*ck can we comment when we've no idea of what that entails? Thankfully we don't have to worry about that sort of thing but a lot of fans go into every season with that spectre hanging over them.

Pretty childish to take the p*ss IMO.

I shed a few tears at Istanbul, have absolutely no problem in admitting that. The whole day and game was that fraught that a lot of those stood where we were were a bit misty eyed at the end and why not? It's not every day you win your first European Cup in twenty years in circumstances never likely to be seen again.

It's easy to point and laugh at those fans who get visibly upset when their team is relegated but how the f*ck can we comment when we've no idea of what that entails? Thankfully we don't have to worry about that sort of thing but a lot of fans go into every season with that spectre hanging over them.

Pretty childish to take the p*ss IMO.

fair point, it just always just struck me as being a bit wierd. Something like Istanbul I can sorta see as the roller coaster would screw with anyones emotions, but I was more talking about just 'conventional' defeat. I spose relegation is worse than not winning a cip final, but I bet you will see tears in Moscow. It almost looks like attention seeking.

i was moist around the eyes at the end in istanbul. not blubbing, just emotional.

it was the greatest comeback in the biggest game in club football though, eh.

You're f*cking joking aren't you, if I see any footage from Istanbul when I've had a pint I start to whell up even now!! :lol:

When Owen won us the FA cup in Cardiff i'd been on antibiotics and they must have interacted with the alcohol and made me a bit tearful.

I've never felt like crying when we've lost, depressed and empty yes, angry yes, but not crying.

96 Cup final did it. Twas the worst - non disaster- football day of my life. f***ing spineless performance , Mancs and cockneys everywhere and the final realisation ,I had refused to acknowledge it till then , that United were the team. And Bob died that year , they couldnt even do it for him. Every member of that XI is on my list. c**** all of them.