By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

English signings...

alias75

Been linked to quite a few English or British players so far, Barry, Kenwyn Jones, Downing, Cattermole uninspiring maybe but if theres any truth in the rumour that any overseas players coming to play in the PL need to pass a test where their command of the english language is going to be tested it makes sense to get in some decent English players now, theres also the possibility that there'll be a rule change whereby a certain percentage of the playing squad has to be "homegrown"

Theres no point in waiting and then everyone is in the market for British players, someone like Barry i think would improve us anyway the same goes for Downing to a lesser degree and i think someone like Kenwyn Jones has a touch of the Crouch's about him as a player that coaches look at and probably think they can improve him because he has the raw tools to be a very good player.

So while yes we all like those fantasy signings theres also the practicality that we may be forced to get more British talent in the squad sooner rather than later.

Been linked to quite a few English or British players so far, Barry, Kenwyn Jones, Downing, Cattermole uninspiring maybe but if theres any truth in the rumour that any overseas players coming to play in the PL need to pass a test where their command of the english language is going to be tested it makes sense to get in some decent English players now, theres also the possibility that there'll be a rule change whereby a certain percentage of the playing squad has to be "homegrown"

Eh?

Would be jumping the gun and counter-productive to fill our ranks with British sourced players of a grade lower than we would need.

I am waiting to see how on earth an English language test is implemented or deemed legal....

Its used for universities...?

apparently he is being tracked by Arsenal and United as well!!

I just can't see it in this donkey

Weird alright. ManU need a target man I guess but Jones??

No chance.

Guest Ant
I don't want us to sign anyone that might end up playing for that k****ead England team.

...Andy, come on lad.

You support Rafa, yet you believe he shouldn't sign players who he believes can strengthen the squad because they are English?

...Andy, come on lad.

You support Rafa, yet you believe he shouldn't sign players who he believes can strengthen the squad because they are English?

Of course he doesn't believe that. He's just being Andy.

Think one reason that Rafa may look to buy from this country rather than on the continent more this summer is the exchange rate, the Euro is so strong at the moment and it doesn't help us in terms of buying. Sides on the continent will naturally quote transfer fees in their own currency. For instance Valencia may rank David Villa as a 30m euro player last summer that would have been around £21m, this summer it is more like £25m. It may not be the policy but financially it would make sense

didn't john terry recently say that his toughest opponent this season was kenwyne-jones. he's not a fancy footballer, and lacks crouch's touch, but he's stronger, better in the air and quicker too. we need a back-up striker in that mould if we're going to continue with one up front.

Guest Anders Honoré
should we sell Gerrard then ?

secretly, andy would be pleased, I am sure.

Ken Jones aint getting in no Pepsi Max in the near future.

We should only buy players that are capable of selling soft drinks. Hasn't anybody worked that out yet?

Players we should be looking at:

Levia Lucozade

Alesandro Cresta

Roque Fanta Cruz

Dr Adam Pepper

Coca-Kolo Toure

Paul Robinsons Barley Water

While were at it, get Rafa out and get Seven-up Goran Erikkson in.

didn't john terry recently say that his toughest opponent this season was kenwyne-jones. he's not a fancy footballer, and lacks crouch's touch, but he's stronger, better in the air and quicker too. we need a back-up striker in that mould if we're going to continue with one up front.

Agree with that. Someone like Jones or Bent might be a decent option as a back-up striker.