By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Liverpool are a better side than Chelsea

Mike

we were comfortably the best team last night. that isnt something you could have said in the last few years semi finals against them.

they now that, their fans know it, and it will get to all them next week at the bridge. reina didn't have a save to make.

im confident we will score there - quite frankly, theyre not that good.

Was saying this to someone this morning, they were 2nd best all over. The one worry is their record at home and the absolute kick in the balls that equalizer will be last night. I think if we go there and believe it, we could win, but I'm still only hopeful.

They will play for a 0-0 at the bridge, while we will go there knowing we have to score ( which will mean having a different mentality to our last 8 games there) and having Torres (and crouch on the bench)

Horrible feeling last night but I think we will still go through

Guest Anders Honoré
we were comfortably the best team last night. that isnt something you could have said in the last few years semi finals against them.

they now that, their fans know it, and it will get to all them next week at the bridge. reina didn't have a save to make.

I'm not overly confident. Ballack looked rather good for them and he'll probably do better at the bridge. Players like him and Essien could carve us open.

And we still have to get past Cech. A lesser keeper would have shipped in another goal at the least last night. defiant bugger.

Edited by Anders Honoré

Considering the two league performances against them this season too, we certainly seem to have their measure these days. Just be nice if the results started reflecting that.

Guest Beano's Dad
That would be a risky strategy for them. A goal late on for us and they're knackered.

A goal late for us and they are knackered anyway. Imagine if it is 0-0, 1-1 or 2-1 to them with half an hour to go. Any goal after that time is priceless. I always thought our second v Arsenal was too early as it still left that scenario. I think this is going to be like buses. Nothing for ages and 3 or 4 come at once.

I'm not overly confident. Ballack looked rather good for them and he'll probably do better at the bridge. Players like him and Essien could carve us open.

And we still have to get past Cech. A lesser keeper would have shipped in another goal at the least last night. defiant bugger.

Cech was good but also lucky - Nando hit his one on one straight at him, Kuyt had to stretch and had Makele do Cech's job for him.

I agree with Mike - they look workmanlike but very ordinary and if weplay to 90% of our capacity we should do them.

Guest Anders Honoré
Cech was good but also lucky - Nando hit his one on one straight at him, Kuyt had to stretch and had Makele do Cech's job for him.

Doesn't change the fact he saved the game for them. Everyone gets a bit of luck. Downplaying his performance on the basis of 'luck' is pointless. He saved what could be saved and will likely be very difficult to bypass.

Edited by Anders Honoré

If they Ballack then they are likely to have a very defensive formation as they will be packing the midfield with Ballack, Lampard, Essien and Makalele. The only wide player they will have is Joe Cole and even he isnt a proper winger. That will play right into our hands.

We will have plent of space down the wings which Babel and Kuyt can exploit.

Essien will be back, massive improvement for them.

They'll have home advantage.

We have a decent chance, but they're favourites.

I also cant see Lampard being as ineffective as he was last night.

Hopefully Skrtel can put Drogba in his pocket again.

I think we're in better form than them but I don'tthink we're a better side. Next week is going to be really really difficult. I'll be chuffed if we can finally score there which we'll need to do but won't be surprised at all if that oggy squeezes us out.

If we do go out the only solace I'll take is the fact that it would be against all odds for us to go a beat Arsenal, then Chelsea and then ManU all in a row and the idea of losing to ManU is too much to take.

I also cant see Lampard being as ineffective as he was last night.

Hopefully Skrtel can put Drogba in his pocket again.

Lampard should never have played, his mind was somewhere else, essien will come at right back and they will keep the same midfield with Kalou coming in for cole

I think we're in better form than them but I don'tthink we're a better side. Next week is going to be really really difficult. I'll be chuffed if we can finally score there which we'll need to do but won't be surprised at all if that oggy squeezes us out.

If we do go out the only solace I'll take is the fact that it would be against all odds for us to go a beat Arsenal, then Chelsea and then ManU all in a row and the idea of losing to ManU is too much to take.

Talking of ManU (and I am going to have to turn Catholic and go to confession after saying this) - but I hope Utd give them an absolute kicking (in all senses) so that by the time Wednesday comes along they are F*cked!!!

Their reaction to the goal (and the media's) make me think that Chelsea reckon they are in the final. Rafa will outdo Avram Grant over 2 legs, I'm absolutely convinced we will be in Moscow, Rafa will have the lads flying for the next leg after being suckered like they were at the end.

Their reaction to the goal (and the media's) make me think that Chelsea reckon they are in the final. Rafa will outdo Avram Grant over 2 legs, I'm absolutely convinced we will be in Moscow, Rafa will have the lads flying for the next leg after being suckered like they were at the end.

I agree with that, 1-1 means the game is still in the balance with them having an advantage, they seem to think that they are there already and i think that will be in our favour next week

quite frankly, theyre not that good.

They are a good side with a strong home record, but they are not the team they were in 2005. Back then, they had a machine like quality and were unbelievably solid at the back.

Scoring past Cech isn't going to be easy though.

I agree with Mike - they look workmanlike but very ordinary and if weplay to 90% of our capacity we should do them.

Think Nando took one touch too many in his one on one didnt have enough time to pick a spot. But i also agree that Chelsea look ordinary. They have done over the past few months. I thought we would win last night by 2 goals, and could well have done. But despite being ordinary, they are a very tough team to beat. And even harder at home. Im not really feeling all that confident about going through now.