By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Grant

I think he's done well.

Considering he's taken over from someone with such a strong grip on the players he's kept them in a good shape, got them to a cup final, semi final of the CL and still challenging for the title.

He's getting more stick than he deserves.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is tactically naive and it seems he has no plan B when things are not going well. I hope Abromobitch ( spelt wrongly on porpoise ) gives him 100 million to spend next season. A decent manager coming in with that amount of money to spend and the nucleus of a decent squad could be frightening.

He is tactically naive and it seems he has no plan B when things are not going well. I hope Abromobitch ( spelt wrongly on porpoise ) gives him 100 million to spend next season. A decent manager coming in with that amount of money to spend and the nucleus of a decent squad could be frightening.

I haven't seen a lot of Chelsea and am basing my opinion mostly on their results, which have been pretty decent.

Besides, he was only given the job last year, you'd think he deserves a bit of time.

I haven't seen a lot of Chelsea and am basing my opinion mostly on their results, which have been pretty decent.

Besides, he was only given the job last year, you'd think he deserves a bit of time.

Their performances have been dire for the best part of the season. His substitutions have baffled even the Chelsea fans. It was said that before extra time in the CC final he asked John Terry to give the team talk. I'm not saying he's a crap manager, but he is way out of his depth at the moment. But he is Romans buddy, so he may get until Xmas to prove himself. If he does i believe it'll bugger up the chavs myself.

My dad is a Chelsea fan and we're very, very close, so I end up watching a lot of their games live, as well as us, as I have a multi tv setup. They have been dire for most of time since he took over and have won a majority of games, playing absolute schite but have won because of the quality in their squad.

I read that the Chelsea fans were singing some shocking songs aimed at him...

think hes done ok, but you have to wonder how much of where they are now is purely because of the quality of the team... tactically he doesn't seem too hot... give him a team to build from scratch and then we could judge him better.

I read that the Chelsea fans were singing some shocking songs aimed at him...

think hes done ok, but you have to wonder how much of where they are now is purely because of the quality of the team... tactically he doesn't seem too hot... give him a team to build from scratch and then we could judge him better.

He's shocking and is a prime example of a no clue money rich t*** trying to run a club, when he knows f*** all about football.

Personally, I think he has done a great job and should stay for a few years. I hope the bitch gives him millions to spend. Especially if he is as successful as Arnesen with the youth signings! :- )

Man City wrapped up their FA Youth cup final win over Chelsea (the most expensive ever youth team) last night. Arnesen must be delighted.

Grant speaks http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,1952...3434400,00.html

A classic headline not matching the quote

Chelsea manager Avram Grant wants to bring Kaka and Lionel Messi to Stamford Bridge.

The Blues boss has already pledged to spend big in this summer's transfer market and has now made the unusual step of naming two of his top targets.

"Will it take a flair player like Kaka or Messi? I will not reject that one of those names will be here.

"Will they come? I think so, yes. This is a big club."

Where the f*** does he say he wants to bring Kaka and Messi to Chelsea

Grant has all the charisma of an old newspaper which has spent several hours in a particularly uninteresting puddle.

He defintely looks like he's been exhumed recently, and I can't exactly imagine him delivering a stirring team talk to rally the troops, or delivering strokes of blinding tactical genius personally. I can just about imagine him having the ability to stir a relatively weak cup of tea with no sugar.

Grant is the main reason I believe we'll get to the final in Moscow. If it was Mourinho still in charge I'd have the feeling it was their turn this time, but it's going to need strong hearts from the Chelsea players and strong direction from the manager to get past us and I don't think he provides that.

As has been said, the results have been down to the quality in the squad as much as anything. Their goal difference pays testiment to how many games they've scraped through with a moment of quality from one of their big money players.

The lesson to be learned is reanimating corpses isn't usually successful. It ended in disaster for Frankenstein, and Abramovic's tinkering with the natural order of things by putting a zombie in charge of his football club will end in tears as well. I can just picture The Russian up on his balcony, moving his joystick and watching Grant do his bidding.

Edited by Leo No.8

I don't think there is much evidence of Grant having done anything at Chelsea. He does not seem to do much during games and the squad seem to still be playing the Mourinho way without actually having Mourinho there! There does not seem to be much direction and the players are scraping by on their own individual brilliance. The team appear to be stagnating as much now as when they decided to give JM the boot.

Although Mourinho's tactical genius was over-hyped, he knew how to get the best from his players and they had faith in him. The same cannot be said of Grant.

What was up with his post match interview, I don't like how the interviewers have to push push push to get

the 'story' they want.

A deserved win Avram?

Grant said: 'Yes.'

What particularly pleased you about the performance?

'I'm pleased.'

What in particular pleased you?

After an eight second delay: 'I don't know.'

Is it a relief to win here?

'Yes.'

You seem lost for words by the performance. Are you more satisfied with the performance or the victory?

'Both.'

You seem distracted. Do you have a problem?

'No problem.'

Is there an issue?

'No. I'm ok. I have nothing to say.'

Do you have a message for the Chelsea fans?

'You represent the Chelsea fans?'

They must believe you are still in the title race, do you have a message for them?

'No message.'

Does this result mean you are back in it now?

'I don't know.'

How many steps have you climbed to undertake this press conference?

'I don't know.'

You seem less voluble than usual. Is it because of Sky TV moving the game to a Thursday?

'Maybe it's because of you. I don't know. I am ok.'

You are saying that you don't know if you are still in the title race?

'No.' Is it easier to say nothing Avram?

'I don't what to answer. It is a good question. I don't know what to answer.'

Is this because of Sky?

'No. Sky is ok. I enjoy watching them.'

Is it a protest against newspapers?

'No. Why?'

Why else would you come in and refuse to answer our questions?

'I answer every question.'

You are two points behind Manchester United and you don't know if you are still in the title race?

'No.'

Have you told the players that you don't know if you are back in the title race?

'What I tell the players is something else. You want me to tell you what I say to the players?'

We just want you to answer the question really. Are you in the title race?

'I don't know.'

Would you not like to gain some positive publicity for the result rather than this bizarre silence?

'I'm sorry. You can write whatever you want and I can answer what I want.'

Do you feel under pressure to deliver a trophy. Is that the reason for the monosyllabic answers?

'No.'

Are you upset? Do you feel you have been misrepresented?

'Maybe I have said because it is a bad season.'

Did Michael Essien faint?

'He had some problems, but he is ok.'

Michael Ballack?

'Injured.'

What's his problem?

'Ask the doctor.'

He's not here Avram.

'Well call him then.'

Have you ever played the yes/no game Avram?

What was up with his post match interview, I don't like how the interviewers have to push push push to get

the 'story' they want.

A deserved win Avram?

Grant said: 'Yes.'

What particularly pleased you about the performance?

'I'm pleased.'

What in particular pleased you?

After an eight second delay: 'I don't know.'

Is it a relief to win here?

'Yes.'

You seem lost for words by the performance. Are you more satisfied with the performance or the victory?

'Both.'

You seem distracted. Do you have a problem?

'No problem.'

Is there an issue?

'No. I'm ok. I have nothing to say.'

Do you have a message for the Chelsea fans?

'You represent the Chelsea fans?'

They must believe you are still in the title race, do you have a message for them?

'No message.'

Does this result mean you are back in it now?

'I don't know.'

How many steps have you climbed to undertake this press conference?

'I don't know.'

You seem less voluble than usual. Is it because of Sky TV moving the game to a Thursday?

'Maybe it's because of you. I don't know. I am ok.'

You are saying that you don't know if you are still in the title race?

'No.' Is it easier to say nothing Avram?

'I don't what to answer. It is a good question. I don't know what to answer.'

Is this because of Sky?

'No. Sky is ok. I enjoy watching them.'

Is it a protest against newspapers?

'No. Why?'

Why else would you come in and refuse to answer our questions?

'I answer every question.'

You are two points behind Manchester United and you don't know if you are still in the title race?

'No.'

Have you told the players that you don't know if you are back in the title race?

'What I tell the players is something else. You want me to tell you what I say to the players?'

We just want you to answer the question really. Are you in the title race?

'I don't know.'

Would you not like to gain some positive publicity for the result rather than this bizarre silence?

'I'm sorry. You can write whatever you want and I can answer what I want.'

Do you feel under pressure to deliver a trophy. Is that the reason for the monosyllabic answers?

'No.'

Are you upset? Do you feel you have been misrepresented?

'Maybe I have said because it is a bad season.'

Did Michael Essien faint?

'He had some problems, but he is ok.'

Michael Ballack?

'Injured.'

What's his problem?

'Ask the doctor.'

He's not here Avram.

'Well call him then.'

Have you ever played the yes/no game Avram?

:lol:

I feel a bit sorry for him actually.

He was never going to win in this situation,and at the moment is looking a bit out of his depth.There's always been a media witch-hunt going on,he doesn't give them the juicy stories Mourinho used to,and they've wanted him out ever since day one.