By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

what are you listening to now?

Dee

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um...I hate it. Does that stop dancehall being sonically amazing? No.

Jesus Christ Des.

1. 'Sonically amazing'. ffs.

2. Dancehall is a tremendous hoop-la of turgid sh*te. The only amazing thing about it is how it emerged from the rubble of someone's imagination anus.

Um...I hate it. Does that stop dancehall being sonically amazing? No.

Some of it is musically very good indeed I agree. The problem I have with a lot of it is that I find myself and others hypocritical for condoning the content with the copout of how good the sounds are, same with a lot of hip-hop. Things do seem to be changing slowly with Buju Banton toning things down, although whether this is a financial decision is debatable.

Jesus Christ Des.

1. 'Sonically amazing'. ffs.

2. Dancehall is a tremendous hoop-la of turgid sh*te. The only amazing thing about it is how it emerged from the rubble of someone's imagination anus.

I know it's not as inventive and innovative as Standing On The Shoulder of Giants, but it tries.

Some of it is musically very good indeed I agree. The problem I have with a lot of it is that I find myself and others hypocritical for condoning the content with the copout of how good the sounds are, same with a lot of hip-hop. Things do seem to be changing slowly with Buju Banton toning things down, although whether this is a financial decision is debatable.

For whatever reason it's done, it's welcome.