By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

M6 nightmare roadworks

Murphman

With these f*cking roadworks in Cheshire due to remain until April how the feck can I get to Anfield without losing the will to live. With the recent move I've not been getting to games and we're now about 60 miles further away. Any local knowledge about where to come off on the M6,  before junction 18 or so then across country, I'm guessing we come in through the tunnel and avoid the M62?

Plenty of routes available, but coming off at J16 you're following A500 to Crewe anyway but once you're on that:  

- A530 to Middlewich and then the A533 pretty much all the way to Runcorn

- A51 pretty much all the way through to the M53

- A51 through to the A49, follow that through to the A533 and Runcorn Bridge

- A51 through to the A49 and follow that all the way through to the M56 and then Runcorn Bridge   

All much of a muchness.

Good point from Jarg, moving along is less stressful. It took me six hours to get to the CL Qualifier.

Too much for a man with a f*cked up back. The trains are a piss take, taking full advantage of the poor old public.

Thanks lads.

There are loads of different routes you can take.

And the trains are fine as long as you can book well ahead, i.e. as soon as the fixtures are announced, and travel at a decent time (leaving Euston at 11/12)

is 18 middlewich? it's alright from there, you just go northwich, up through barnton and then runcorn and into liverpool. if you want before 18, jarg is right with holmes chapel and lots of lovely cheshire countryside. also april is optimistic.

Yeah, I’ve done that one

There are loads of different routes you can take.

And the trains are fine as long as you can book well ahead, i.e. as soon as the fixtures are announced, and travel at a decent time (leaving Euston at 11/12)

There's also the option of buying a ticket to Runcorn on the way back because once you're on a busy train they ain't checking you again.

Plenty of routes available, but coming off at J16 you're following A500 to Crewe anyway but once you're on that:

- A530 to Middlewich and then the A533 pretty much all the way to Runcorn

- A51 pretty much all the way through to the M53

- A51 through to the A49, follow that through to the A533 and Runcorn Bridge

- A51 through to the A49 and follow that all the way through to the M56 and then Runcorn Bridge

All much of a muchness.

Don’t forget to pay the toll.

M6 is the worst motorway in the country

There's also the option of buying a ticket to Runcorn on the way back because once you're on a busy train they ain't checking you again.

63 year old financial adviser nicked for fair evasion. You c*nts would have a field day, the forum would explode.

63 year old financial adviser nicked for fair evasion. You c*nts would have a field day, the forum would explode.

Haha. I will publish a step by step guide to completely legal fare evasion on a matchday.

1. Buy a London to Liverpool open return for £83. 

2. Go to Liverpool. 

3. Buy a ticket Liverpool to Runcorn. 

4. Get on train to London with said ticket

5. Get train back to London

6. Should guard come you present original ticket and you've lost nothing.

7. Should guard not come you have a ticket between Liverpool and London valid for a month. 

8. London Midland charge £12 London to Liverpool at other times. 

You can get to 3 home games for around £115 without doing anything illegal. People with railcards can reduce this by 1/3.

Edited by Hightown Phil

Haha. I will publish a step by step guide to completely legal fare evasion on a matchday.

1. Buy a London to Liverpool open return for £83. 

2. Go to Liverpool. 

3. Buy a ticket Liverpool to Runcorn. 

4. Get on train to London with said ticket

5. Get train back to London

6. Should guard come you present original ticket and you've lost nothing.

7. Should guard not come you have a ticket between Liverpool and London valid for a month. 

8. London Midland charge £12 London to Liverpool at other times. 

You can get to 3 home games for around £115 without doing anything illegal. People with railcards can reduce this by 1/3.

That's brilliant Phil. Still embarrassed by fair not fare btw, before the grammar Nazis start.

Edited by Murphman