By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The under-par golf thread

Murphman

Err....Sports England from the looks of it.

The first bit is b******s, as has been pointed out and explained several times in the thread already. But yeah, the poor, persecuted, golf-playing classes....won't somebody think of them? "First they came for the golfers, and I did not speak out, because I was not a golfer...."

The second bit sounds like a great idea!

Sports England did an ethnicity  survey on every public course, righto.....

Bit rich bemoaning the personal attacks Leo given what you said about me in the last line of your previous post.

You being able to provide for your family doesn't offend me at all, it is great. Your constant flaunting of your wealth/how generally great you are ('I'll tell you what car I definitely WON'T be taking to Wembley and that's my brand new Porsche!") doesn't even offend me either...I just find it a bit laughable.

Am sure you are a sound lad. All I'm doing is responding to stuff you say on here, which comes across as overly serious and more than a bit smug - whereas you find my stuff needlessly belligerent. Sound. We're probably both nicer than the other sees us.

I've not generalised everyone who plays the game and I've no wish to remove golf courses out of spite - the idea doesn't even make any sense to me. I came into this to point out that I'd arther see a golf club not have its lease renewed and that land be used to build much needed housing than I would see more public green spaces lost.

Honestly mate I think you're alright - just being defensive of my golf :) and I think you'd find that people mention my Porsche etc a lot more than I do. I sold it 3 years ago now! To put it down as a deposit when we bought our office building. It's just a bit of a running joke. Edited by Leo No.8

Same for virtually any sport though. Why football is so universal. and if we are talking stuffy sport for the well off then tennis can f*** off for a start.

the statistics paint a very different picture for minorities involved in mass participation sports like football and rugby. 

They've been playing it here for years. There was a version of it played here in the early 1900's too.

there was an american entry in a hotel guestbook in Edinburgh:

"we are so pleased that golf is catching on here"

also

"what a good idea to build the castle so close to the station"

Honestly mate I think you're alright - just being defensive of my golf :) and I think you'd find that people mention my Porsche etc a lot more than I do. I sold it 3 years ago now! To put it down as a deposit when we bought our office building. It's just a bit of a running joke.

You're a good sport, Leo.

Pint/round?

I've no idea what this means.

Or at least I've an idea but don't think anyone could seriously think that.

If you own your club you can get a bit more then. What is your share?

We have 600 members. The course is in prime green belt 20 miles outside London, if planning were passed and it were sold for development on the open market I reckon all members would become millionaires over night.

:applause:

f*** off flog

Oh bugger off. Don't let me catch you at Chelsea Piers.

there was an american entry in a hotel guestbook in Edinburgh:

"we are so pleased that golf is catching on here"

also

"what a good idea to build the castle so close to the station"

I've got hundreds of them John. The ones the caddies tell are even more imaginative.

This thread has done nothing to change my opinion of Golf.

You have an open invitation for a day of golf with me the next time you are in town. You don't even have to play. If you like, you can just drive me on my golf cart, get me beer, and fan me.

Edited by New York Red